Here are some of my recommendations in order to help keep your computer more secure:Create a new, clean System Restore point
Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckSet Windows Update to Automatic Updates
- Click the Windows "Start" button, and then right-click on the "Computer" icon and select "Properties." If you do not see this option, right-click the "Computer" icon on your desktop instead.
- In the left pane, click System Protection > Create.
- Give this restore point a descriptive name and click Create.
- Click close.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, choose Install Updates Automatically(recommended).
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK.
note: Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
You have this installed already, run scans weekly (at least)... make sure you check for updates before running scans.
Download it from Malewarebytes Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing
, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.WinPatrol
Do not install if you have installed Spybot Search & Destroy and enabled Teatimer protection. System conflicts can occur.
Download it from BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)MVPS Hosts
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Install MVPS Hosts File Here
You can Find the Tutorial HERERead - stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.What to do if your Computer is running slowly
I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.