Congratulations your machine appears to be clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure.Remove Tools
Let's remove the programs we've been using to clean up your computer, They are not suitable for general malware removal and could cause damage if used inappropriately.
The following steps will remove the tools and logs we used to clean your computer.
Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.CleanUp with OTL
Clean System Restore
- Right-click OTL and select Run as administrator to start the program.
- Close all other programs as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button.
- Click Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
- Click Start, Then right-click Computer and select Properties
- In the left pane, Select System Protection then choose Create
- Give this restore point a descriptive name and click Create
- Click OK then close the System Restore dialog
Since we have created a New and Clean
Restore Point, I would like you to remove all the Old
Restore Points as some of these are infected and if used would re-infect
To do this
Keep your programs up to date
- Click Start then click on Computer Right-click Local Disk (C:) then select Properties
- Click on Disk Cleanup, In the Disk Cleanup options select Files from all users on this computer
- Once the scan is complete another window will appear, Press the More Options tab.
- In the System Restore and Shadow Copies section click the Clean up button.
- Click the Delete button, at the "Are you sure..." prompt. This will remove all restore points except the one you just created.
Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
Below are 2 sites that can be used to check if any of your installed programs are in need of updates.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckKeep your system updatedMicrosoft
releases patches for Windows and other products regularly:
Below are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.Spyware Blaster
- I advise you visit: http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
- Install the Active X
- Once installed it will advise you set Auto-Updates if not set and you then will be able to manually check for updates also via:
Start > All Programs > Microsoft Updates
Download it from Here
Find a tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster HereWinPatrol
Download it from Here
You can find information about how WinPatrol works Here
Here is a great guide I recommend you read - COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read - What to do if your Computer is running slowly
I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it, and if you have no other questions, the thread can be closed.
Happy surfing and stay clean!