Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Jump hijack malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Jump hijack malware

Unread postby elerrina » May 20th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Yep i do have those options

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 22:29 on 20/05/2012 by Ash
Administrator - Elevation successful

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "atipcie.sys"
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\AtiPcie.sys --a---- 16440 bytes [11:21 19/09/2010] [11:30 05/05/2009] 7C5D273E29DCC5505469B299C6F29163
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\atipcie.inf_amd64_neutral_1d5ca55726c8d9c0\AtiPcie.sys --a---- 16440 bytes [11:21 19/09/2010] [11:30 05/05/2009] 7C5D273E29DCC5505469B299C6F29163
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\atipcie.inf_amd64_neutral_2c223f9139d7e453\AtiPcie.sys --a---- 16440 bytes [11:12 19/09/2010] [05:55 24/08/2009] C07A040D6B5A42DD41EE386CF90974C8

-= EOF =-
elerrina

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Dakeyras » May 21st, 2012, 4:43 am

Hi. :)

We built the computer ourselves.
OK.

Having given the current issues some further thought/research. I am of the mind anything attempted that does not involve the actual System Recovery Options will in all probability actually exacerbate the current situation rather than fix anything and the distinct possibility your machine would be left completely unbootible. Which is a far from ideal situation I am sure you would agree with...

So please check for myself via Advanced Boot Options if either option:-

Repair Computer or Repair your computer

Will work and you are able to get to the System Recovery Options menu. If so do not try anything merely choose the option Restart.

Let myself know the outcome of the above when ready, thank you.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby elerrina » May 21st, 2012, 3:04 pm

Yep it all seems to work fine
elerrina

Unread postby Dakeyras » May 21st, 2012, 5:21 pm

Yep it all seems to work fine
Good...

Carry out Boot' Repairs:

Reboot your machine into the Advanced Boot Options then select either Repair Computer or Repair your computer

Once the System Recovery Options menu has loaded >> select Command Prompt

At the Command Prompt X:\Windows\System32> type in the following exactly:

bootrec /fixmbr

Depress the Enter/Return key, after The operation completed successfully is displayed:

Then type in the following exactly:

bootrec /fixboot

Depress the Enter/Return key, after The operation completed successfully is displayed:

Type in exit >> depress the Enter/Return key >> click on Restart

Next:

Let myself know when completed the above and we will go from there, thank you.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby elerrina » May 21st, 2012, 5:58 pm

Ok i just need to back up some other stuff first as i dont fancy the risk of reinstalling and patching WoW again.
elerrina

Unread postby Dakeyras » May 21st, 2012, 6:30 pm

OK. :)
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby elerrina » May 23rd, 2012, 2:56 pm

Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply. Yesterday my redirects got a lot worse and it started directing me to sites where avg was popping up saying there was rootkit activity and warnings like that so i just decided to format my hard drive and reinstall windows.
Not entirely sure where i got the malware from still though i hadn't done anything different from usual that i remember.
But thank you so much for all your help and time it was very much appreciated =)
elerrina

Unread postby Dakeyras » May 23rd, 2012, 5:44 pm

Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply
Not a problem.

Yesterday my redirects got a lot worse and it started directing me to sites where avg was popping up saying there was rootkit activity and warnings like that so i just decided to format my hard drive and reinstall windows.
That may have been rectified by my last set of instructions or not. Though ultimately the reformat and reinstallation of the Windows Operating System you carried out was a prudent move and I was getting close to advising such myself.

Not entirely sure where i got the malware from still though i hadn't done anything different from usual that i remember.
The most likely source was the use of P2P µTorrent software or possibly the out of date Adobe Reader installation. Either of the aforementioned are renowned sources for a malware to gain a foothold.

But thank you so much for all your help and time it was very much appreciated =)
You're most welcome!

Next:

The two topics listed below are worth reading for future reference:-

COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online

What to do if your Computer is running slowly
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby NonSuch » May 23rd, 2012, 6:46 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous