Time for a tidy up, and a few suggestions for how to secure your computer against contracting future infections.
We need to clear out your System Restore Points to remove any infection files that may have been backed up by System Restore while you were infected. Then set a new clean Restore Point.
- Double-click OTM.exe to run it.
- Copy the lines in the codebox below.
- Code: Select all
- Return to OTM, right click in the Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Click the red Moveit! button.
- Close OTM
Now we've done that we can remove OTM ...
- Double click OTM.exe to launch the programme.
- Click on the CleanUp! button.
- OTM will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
- You will be prompted to allow the clean up procedure, click Yes
- When finished exit out of OTM
- Now delete OTM.exe (if still present).
Please delete ... aswMBR and any log files it has created.
Please delete ... frst64.exe ... fixlist.txt ... fixlog.txt ... frst.txt
As far as I can see, your computer looks clear of infection now.
Are you still noticing any problems ?
- If you are let me know about them.
- If not it's time to make your computer more secure.
Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.