ALL the "dodgy" programs should be assumed to transmit infections.
You should post Logs from the other machine online and get it fixed, or you will end up having to Reformat and Re-Install Windows on both of them. ------------------------------------------------Download and Run Rkill before Running OTL
You can download a few versions of these to your flash and transfer one at a time until one appears to work.
If a black DOS box briefly flashes and disappears, it indicates the tool ran successfully.
You only need to get one to run, then try OTL again.
Please download and run the tool named Rkill, which may help in allowing other programs to run.
There are different versions with different names. If one of them won't run ,then download and try to run one of the other ones.
After the download, Vista and Win7 users will need to right click the icon and choose Run as Administrator. XP Users can just double-click.
You only need to get ONE
of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about any of these tools. Either ignore the warnings or shutdown your antivirus.
Please download Rkill from one of the following links (note the different names) and save to your Desktop:iExplore.exeRkill.exeeXplorer.exeRKill.comRKill.scrRkill.pifuSeRiNiT.exe
- Double-click on the iExplore, Rkill, eXplorer, or uSeRiNiT desktop icon to run the tool.(If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator).
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If you get a Warning Message when you try to run it, run it again while the Warning Message is still displayed.
- If it doesn't run on the first try, please try to run it another two or three times.
- If it still does not run, delete the desktop entry. Then download and use the one provided in the next link.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- Do not reboot until instructed.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided after trying each a few times, please let me know.