Things are looking better but please stay with me untill we are finished.
Outdated programs are vulnerable and a common source of infection.
- Click on start
- In the search box please copy/paste appwiz.cpl Then click on appwiz.cpl.
- Select the following from the list and click the uninstall button.
Java Auto Updater
Java(TM) 6 Update 22
Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE).
Please download from HERE
- Find Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 7u3.
- Click the Download JRE button to the right.
- Choose the correct Platform and Multi-language. Next, check the box that says I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 7 License Agreement.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe to the right of Windows x64 and save it to your desktop.
- Close all active windows.
- Install the program.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Check all items except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder... and click Remove Selected.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply
- The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
ESET NOD32 Online Scan
You will need to to right-click on the IE or FF icons on the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
Please temporarily disable your Anti-virus real-time protection. If active, it could impact the online scan.Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download "esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe" when prompted... then double click on it to install.
Please go to ESET Online Scanner - © ESET All Rights Reserved... to run an online scan.
** Make sure you are using an account that has Administrative privileges **
- Press the "ESET Online Scanner" button.
- Click "Start"... a window will open... it may appear nothing is happening... please be patient.
- Click Yes... at the run ActiveX prompt. Click Install... at the install ActiveX prompt.
Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
- Click "Start". Make sure that the options:
- Remove found threats is UNCHECKED
- Leave the "default" settings under Advanced as they are, if not set , please check:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click "Start"... ESET scanner will begin to download the virus signatures database.
When the signatures have been downloaded, the scan will start automatically.
- Wait for the scan to finish... it may take a while... please be patient. When the scan is finished...
- Use Notepad to open the log file located at C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Please include in your next reply
- Malwarebytes log
- ESET log
- Any problems with the instructions above
- How is your computer behaving now?