Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

firefox address bar redirected to quizstope.com (& others)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: firefox address bar redirected to quizstope.com (& other

Unread postby pgmigg » February 20th, 2012, 10:41 am

Hello electroshocked,

Good news, I am glad to hear it! ;)
Considering that issue is solved, should I go back to your previous post and follow those instructions now?
Yes, please do it.
Also, any advice about Malwarebytes A-M? I mean, I like it so far but it does require purchase for full functionality (and multiple "licenses" if I want it on more than one pc[!])... and money is tight for me at the moment. So, I'm wondering if Superantispyware Free is a suitable alternative, or if Mwb A-M is the de facto choice?
The basic idea is that every computer must have a comprehensive protection: one antivirus program, one firewall, one antimalware scanner.
Nobody can say you that there is the best combination of all three components.
You could use Superantispyware if you prefer, instead of Malwarebytes, or just use the free version of Malwarebytes and scan manually every week or two.
Also, what about the Norton "Security Suite" provided from my ISP at no extra charge; is it more advisable to go with a combo of AVAST FREE + Online Armor? Or perhaps even Outpost Security Suite (Free)?
The Online Armor Firewall is good and easy to set, but please keep in mind that third party firewalls, and their complexity, are not too necessary for desktops behind a router. They are better used for laptops.

Also, please note that most ISP providers that provide Norton use the Norton Security Suite, which has its own firewall.

Avast! and Norton are both competent antivirus applications - so you need to chose one only!

How many people - so many opinions!

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby electroshocked » February 22nd, 2012, 12:24 am

i followed all the steps, is that it? oh, the only part i wasn't able to follow due to not being able to find it was this:

2. Press the Update tab and UNCHECK "Check for Updates Automatically". (You can check for updates manually.)

Reply "Never Check" to the warning prompt.

that was supposed to be under JAVA in the control panel, but it wasn't there. otherwise all steps followed without error.

also, thanks for the advice. the thing you say about using malwarebytes a-m free concerns me only for the reason that the program i downloaded says its a TRIAL VERSION and i believe has a 14 day limit or something (which seems to imply any functionality will cease when the time is up). from what i remember, i don't think other aspects (higher functions of the full version) are even available for use without registration. your advice in this matter is appreciated. as far as a firewall, yeah... wasn't really planning on using it, but I thought if i was going to end up using AVAST FREE that I would need one (does it come with one, or would you just recommend my router security settings, or using windows firewall?). yes, it would be on a desktop
electroshocked

Unread postby pgmigg » February 22nd, 2012, 3:17 pm

Hello electroshocked,
2. Press the Update tab and UNCHECK "Check for Updates Automatically". (You can check for updates manually.)
Reply "Never Check" to the warning prompt.
It is strange and I guess you need to try to find it again:

The way is: Start -> Control Panel -> Java, then select Update tab (second one) and you will see the following:

where you need to UNCHECK "Check for Updates Automatically" and reply "Never Check" to the warning prompt...
Then please press Apply and OK.

Good luck and stay safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby electroshocked » February 22nd, 2012, 8:53 pm

yeah, the tab is NOT in there.
electroshocked

Unread postby pgmigg » February 23rd, 2012, 3:57 pm

Hello electroshocked,
yeah, the tab is NOT in there.
It is possible - please don't worry! :)
In such case I recommend you to bookmark the Java download page URL
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)... © Sun Microsystems, Inc.
to your Favorites and check the latest Java JRE version against the version in your Control Panel -> Programs list every month.
If a newer one is available, please Uninstall the old one, Download and Install the new one, etc.

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » February 27th, 2012, 8:32 am