Chr wrote:I'm communicating to you from another computer as I 'm unable to load any programs from the desktop of the compuetr we are trying to fix. For eaxmple when I try to load internet explorer I receive an error message that states, the item is not available it has been moved, renamed or removed -- followed by do I want to remove it from the list? please advise
ComboFix - CFScript
This script is for this user and computer ONLY! Using this tool incorrectly could cause problems with your operating system... preventing it from ever starting again!
You will not have Internet access when you execute ComboFix. All open windows will need to be closed!
- Please open Notepad and copy/paste all the text below... into the window:
- Code: Select all
DDS:: BHO-X64: AcroIEHelperStub - No File BHO-X64: Symantec NCO BHO - No File BHO-X64: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - No File BHO-X64: Search Helper - No File BHO-X64: SkypeIEPluginBHO - No File BHO-X64: Constant Guard Protection Suite (COM) - No File
- Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt
- Please disable any Antivirus or Firewall you have active, as shown in this topic. Please close all open application windows.
*Only* when the 2 items above (Step 3) have been taken care of...
- Drag the CFScript.txt (icon) into the ComboFix.exe icon... as seen in the image below:
This will cause ComboFix to run again.
Do Not use your keyboard or mouse click anywhere in the ComboFix window, as this may cause the program to stall or crash.
Do Not touch your computer when ComboFix is running!
- When finished ComboFix will create a log file... you can save this file to a convenient place.
Online Poker sites are well known for placing all manner of Internet parasites on their visitors' computers and continue to do so. In a lot of cases, these Poker plugins are also getting installed without your asking for it. You can read Poker gamers targeted by a rootkit backdoor regarding the risk involved with visiting the Poker games web sites. Some Poker sites are related to criminal offense, you can read them Sites charged with gambling offenses A safe alternatives is Pogo.com.
This is a optional fix, please read the information carefully. If you are happy to uninstall Wild Tangent, please follow the instructions below.
I see you are using Wild Tangent. It is not malware, but is sometimes thought to bring malware along. Wild Tangent is a video game software company specializing in online games. It has even made a partnership with AOL to include itself as part of the AOL Instant Messenger for their AIM games section. The WildTangent Web Driver is their technology that allows you to play 3D games over the Internet. Although it is not technically considered spyware, it does have built in components to update itself and gather information about the computer system including:
- Operating System Version
- CPU Type and Speed
- Memory Amount Video Card type and Driver Version
- Sound Card type and Driver Version
- DirectX Version Location that the Web Driver was installed from
- It is also a MAJOR resource hog.
Unless you are an extremely avid games player, I recommend you uninstall Wild Tangent:
- Click on start
- Then Run
- In the open text entry box please copy/paste appwiz.cpl Then click enter.
- Press the "Remove" or "Change/Remove"...button to uninstall the following if present.
Poker Superstars III
Update Installer for WildTangent Games App (optional)
WildTangent Games (optional)
WildTangent Games App (Dell Games)(optional)
NOTE: Take care when answering any questions posed by an uninstaller. Some questions may be worded to deceive you into keeping the program.