Update Adobe Reader
- You should Download and Install the newest version of Adobe Reader for reading pdf files.
- Older versions may have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
- Go Here to download and install Adobe Reader X (10.1.1).
- Note: remember to Uncheck Free McAfee® Security Scan Plus (optional)
Update Java Runtime
You are using an old version of Java. Sun's Java is sometimes updated in order to eliminate the exploitation of vulnerabilities in an existing version. For this reason, it's extremely important that you keep the program up to date, & also remove the older more vulnerable versions from your system. The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 30.
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Here
- Scroll down to where it says "JDK 6 Update 30 (JDK or JRE)"
- Click the orange Download JRE button to the right
- Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu
- Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 with JavaFX License Agreement". Click on Continue.The page will refresh
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation & save the file to your desktop
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs & remove all older versions of Java
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java(TM) 6) in the name
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u30-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version
Run OTL Script
- Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word Code
- Code: Select all
:processes killallprocesses :otl O4 - HKLM..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k File not found @Alternate Data Stream - 125 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:DFC5A2B2 @Alternate Data Stream - 122 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:C8B8CEBD @Alternate Data Stream - 121 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:264B2CC4 @Alternate Data Stream - 117 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:D74B6CF5 @Alternate Data Stream - 110 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:264A9BB7 @Alternate Data Stream - 109 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:A8ADE5D8 :reg [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus] "DisableMonitoring" = 0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall] "DisableMonitoring" = 0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall] "DisableMonitoring" = 0 :commands [EMPTYTEMP] [EMPTYFLASH] [EMPTYJAVA] [RESETHOSTS] [REBOOT]
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
- Click .
- OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
Now please run a quick scan with Malwarebytes and post the log in your next reply.
Please let me know how the computer is running now.