Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

irregular behavior and fatal error messages

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: irregular behavior and fatal error messages

Unread postby appreciateshelp » December 14th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Is there a way to scan backed-up data being retrieved from off site storage such as SOS?
Sorry for the ignorant questions but I just want to be sure to get it right.
BTW could not find product key, put in safe mode, logged on internet, found Majical Jelly Bean that will search computer for keys, downloaded and ran and did find os key.
Thank you for the patience.
appreciateshelp

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » December 14th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Norton will scan incoming files if its active.
You could also download the files to a different location, not installed in the system, and scan there before copying to the original location. There is probably a way to do that. You can check with SOS.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby appreciateshelp » December 15th, 2011, 12:13 pm

askey127,
I reloaded windows and symantec & updated windows. For the time being I am using one monitor. I have loaded ATI CCC but cannot change the screen res in control panel or ATI CCC. Both are showing showing one res available @ 640 x480, there are no other resolutions available This one is supposed to run on 1680x1050....any suggestions?
r
appreciateshelp

Unread postby askey127 » December 15th, 2011, 4:42 pm

That means the ATI driver did not load correctly, or it was the wrong one.

Got to Control Panel, System and click Device Manager (it's on the left in Win7).
Expand Display Adapters, and right click whatever it shows for installed adapter "ATI.....", etc.
Then choose properties and look at the situation involving the driver. If there is one, but the wrong one, be sure to delete the old one before fixing it.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby appreciateshelp » December 19th, 2011, 2:45 am

Problem was that system was not ascertaining difference between generic and non generic pnp. Had to disconnect all monitors to allow system at restart to delineate between each one, one at a time and then find driver updates on internet for each monitor (connect >search for driver>restart.) after being connected individually. At least that is what worked this time. You were right about checking drivers because when I did that I discovered that the system was not seeing the difference between generic and nongeneric and thus was not seeing the EDID of the monior either so it did not know what the model was nor what driver to load. Such a process! These folks that write these viruses should be dealt with unmercifully!
Thank you,
r
appreciateshelp

Unread postby askey127 » December 19th, 2011, 11:26 am