Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Computer Slow, Adobe Reader 11 virus?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Computer Slow, Adobe Reader 11 virus?

Unread postby t-risk7 » January 4th, 2012, 4:52 pm

The drive does not show up in RootRepeal.

When I press enter in cmd it says Access denied.
There is an autorun.inf file on E:drive. But when I right click, I don't get an edit option. I do get a properties option though.
t-risk7

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby vict0r » January 4th, 2012, 9:46 pm

Does the jump drive have a write protection switch? Is it on or off?
vict0r

Unread postby t-risk7 » January 4th, 2012, 10:06 pm

How would I find that out?
t-risk7

Unread postby vict0r » January 4th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Good question (I couldn't find a product description based on the information you gave me on the device).

One way to find out if the device is write protected:
Are you able to copy other files to and from the device and delete them from the device?
vict0r

Unread postby t-risk7 » January 5th, 2012, 7:53 am

Yes. I can save files to it and then delete the files.
t-risk7

Unread postby vict0r » January 6th, 2012, 8:38 am

Hi.

I'm sorry for the delay. The good news is that I do not think that the autorun.inf issue on your jump drive is malware-related anymore. It must be a result of using two different programs to disable the autorun.inf functionality.

I consider it more important to have Malwarebytes Anti Malware installed than the incompatible CA Security Suite, so I can't recommend that you re-install CA. Update MBAM and use it to scan you computer 1-2 times a week. If you want to increase your computers security (in addition to the programs and advise suggested below), then I recommend that you purchase the full versions of MBAM and Winpatrol (both are available in free versions). The free Microsoft Security Essentials serves as a very good Anti Virus and a very good free firewall is found in Online Armor Free.

Regarding your wireless network setup: The wireless key you have used to configure your WPA2 network needs to be changed to a strong key. You can use a minimum 20 character section (longer is better) from any of the 3 passwords generated on this webpage. You should also change the Cipher Type from TKIP to AES, if you can use it. Not all wireless network cards is able to use AES or maybe a driver update is needed.

Logs you have posted indicate that you have used DriverCure, SpeedyPC Software and nLite. I do not recommend using any of these or any other automated driver update software and registry cleaners. These are software that are known make more damage than good. Automated driver downloaders has even been known to install infected drivers. If you want more information on registry cleaners, then please refer to this topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30113

None of the problems described and found was malware related. Let's clean up:

Uninstall ComboFix

In order to uninstall Combofix, you need to download it again and run a command. Save it to your desktop. Links:
Link1
Link2

Click on Start >> Run..., copy and paste the following line into the run box, then click OK:
ComboFix /Uninstall
Note: there's a space between "ComboFix" and "/Uninstall".

Clean up with OTL

This will remove many of the tools we have used.

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Delete the following tools

Please delete the following tools (if still present):

aswMBR.exe
mbam-rules.exe
FixPolicies (exe/folder)
RootRepeal (zip/folder/exe)

Update Windows and Internet Explorer

Update Windows and Internet Explorer to protect your computer from malware. Update Internet Explorer even if you do not use it. Having an outdated version installed is a security risk.

Please open the Windows Update site in Internet Explorer and install all critical updates. Repeat the process until no further updates are offered.

Select your desired settings for updating.

• Go to Start > Control Panel > Automatic Updates
    1. Select Automatic (recommended) radio button if you want the updates to be downloaded and installed without prompting you.
    2. Select Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them radio button if you want the updates to be downloaded automatically but to be installed at another time.
    3. Select Notify me but don't automatically download or install them radio button if you want to be notified of the updates.

Alternate PDF Reader

Consider using the more lightweight Foxit Reader rather than Adobe Reader.
Please uncheck the options to Install Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar and make Ask my browser default search provider and Set Ask.com as my hompage while installing Foxit Reader.

Uninstall Adobe Reader if using Foxit Reader. Foxit Reader will display all pdf files.

Consider using the following security programs

• WinPatrol
    This is an excellent lightweight system monitor. Download it from here. You can find information about how WinPatrol works here.

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Update and perform a quick scan 1-2 times a week.

• Hosts File
    Every version of windows includes a hosts file as part of them. A hosts file is a bit like a phone book, it points to the actual numeric address (i.e. the IP address) from the human friendly name of a website. This feature can be used to block malicious websites.
    Download HostsXpert and unzip it to your computer, somewhere where you can find it.
    • Run HostsXpert
    • If Hosts file is Read Only, click on Make Writeable, otherwise move on to next stage.
    • Click Download button.
    • Click MVPs Hosts
    • Click Merge File
    • Press OK to download latest MVPs update and merge it with your Hosts file.
    • When finished click File Handling
    • Click Make Read Only to secure your Hosts file.
    • Close HostsXpert.

Note: On some PCs, having a custom HOSTS file installed can cause a significant slowdown. Following these instructions should resolve the issue:

• Click Start > Run
    • Type services.msc & click OK
    • In the list, find the service called DNS Client & double click on it.
    • On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual.
    • Click OK & then close the Services window.

Update the hosts file regularly. For a more detailed explanation of the HOSTS file, click here.

• Secunia Online Inspector
    Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities. To check for vulnerable programs running on your PC that are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Online Software Inspector (OSI). I suggest that you run it and install the suggested updates at least once a week.

It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to keep Windows, Java, Adobe and all of your security programs up to date. If you forget, then your computer will likely get reinfected.

Please read the topic below which will give you more information on how to minimize your chances of getting another infection.

Do you have any further questions related to this case? If not, then I will ask for this topic to be closed.
vict0r

Unread postby t-risk7 » January 6th, 2012, 6:49 pm

No, no more questions. Thanks for your help. I appreciate your time and attention.
t-risk7

Unread postby vict0r » January 10th, 2012, 6:24 am

You're welcome.

I will now ask for this topic to be closed.
vict0r

Unread postby Elrond » January 10th, 2012, 9:47 am

t-risk7 this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous