- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup).
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Now click the Delete Files ... button.
- This will open the Delete Temporary Files Window
- There are 2 options in the window to clear the cache - Leave both ticked
- Click OK. Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Now click OK to exit out of any open Java Control Panel windows.
Time to remove the programs we've been using to clean your computer.
Let's clear out OTL and the files and folders it created. This will also remove TDSSKiller.
- Double click OTL.exe to launch the programme.
- Click on the CleanUp! button.
- OTL will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
- You will be prompted to allow the clean up procedure, click Yes
- When finished exit out of OTL
- Now delete OTL.exe (if still present).
As far as I can see, your computer looks clear of infection now.
Are you still noticing any problems ?
- If you are let me know about them.
- If not it's time to make your computer more secure.
Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.