Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Corrupted OS. Can't restore system/repair/backup.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Corrupted OS. Can't restore system/repair/backup.

Unread postby jinugy » October 28th, 2011, 5:22 am

Hi. Let me just state up front that I cannot run DDS. It immediately closes when I run it. I can't run HijackThis either, because apparently MSVBVM60.dll is missing from my computer. But I downloaded the DLL from a website, so I can run it now. This is the HijackThis log generated:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 5:00:17 PM, on 10/28/2011
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
X:\windows\System32\smss.exe
X:\windows\system32\csrss.exe
X:\windows\system32\wininit.exe
X:\windows\system32\csrss.exe
X:\windows\system32\services.exe
X:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
X:\windows\system32\lsm.exe
X:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
X:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
X:\windows\System32\svchost.exe
X:\windows\system32\winpeshl.exe
X:\Windows\RM\Launcher.exe
X:\sources\recovery\recenv.exe
X:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe
X:\windows\System32\svchost.exe
X:\Windows\RM\RecoveryMgr.exe
X:\Windows\System32\Cmd.exe
X:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
X:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe
X:\windows\System32\vds.exe
D:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe
G:\Apps\Security\Anti-rootkit\HijackThis 2.0.5 (Beta)\HijackThis.exe
X:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=cmd.exe /k start cmd.exe
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'x:\windows\system32\winrnr.dll' missing
O13 - DefaultPrefix:
O13 - WWW Prefix:
O13 - Home Prefix:
O13 - Mosaic Prefix:
O13 - FTP Prefix:
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: '@ivt' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Intranet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'file' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'ftp' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'https' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone

--
End of file - 2384 bytes

My uninstall list turned up a blank (no software at all; nothing to save). I'm using Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit.

My computer failed to start up the day before yesterday, after I accidentally copied and ran a malware EXE of some sort (it disappeared after I ran it). When I boot up now, it first tries to repair the system, but fails. If I try to do a system restore, it'll fail too. The same goes for backing up. I really hope I won't have to lose all my research data and personal files :pale: I'd be so glad if you could help.
jinugy

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Corrupted OS. Can't restore system/repair/backup.

Unread postby NonSuch » October 30th, 2011, 6:43 pm

jinugy wrote:My computer failed to start up the day before yesterday, after I accidentally copied and ran a malware EXE of some sort (it disappeared after I ran it). When I boot up now, it first tries to repair the system, but fails. If I try to do a system restore, it'll fail too. The same goes for backing up. I really hope I won't have to lose all my research data and personal files :pale: I'd be so glad if you could help.

Actually, based on your own statements made at the Tech Support Guy forums, where you also posted for assistance albeit with a different username, it appears that your problems really resulted from running cracks and key generators.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-m ... store.html

The advice you have been given at Tech Support Guy is correct, e.g., reformat and reinstall Windows.