Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

malware from link in facebook chat

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: malware from link in facebook chat

Unread postby nemoaquis » August 31st, 2011, 10:03 am

Thank you very much for your time deltalima,

is this the option recovery > advanced recovery method > use a sytem image you created earlier to recover your computer or must i reinstall windows using disc? Have disc but no external disc drive, I live on a small island so may need to go to mainland to get one. is it possible to copy disc contents on to a usb drive using another computer and run that way?
If you could refer me to any other pages on this forum or other sites that you feel may be useful I would appreciate it.

Once my finances are in better shape (i work unpaid in marine conservation) I look forward to donating to this site.

My sincere Thanks
nemoaquis

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby deltalima » August 31st, 2011, 10:20 am

Hi nemoaquis,

is this the option recovery > advanced recovery method > use a sytem image you created earlier to recover your computer or must i reinstall windows using disc?

If you have already created an image then that method would recover the computer, if not then it will need to be installed from disk unless there is a recovery parttition already on the computer.

is it possible to copy disc contents on to a usb drive using another computer and run that way?

Unfortunately not, although you will need the USB drive to backup any data before restoring the computer.

If you could refer me to any other pages on this forum or other sites that you feel may be useful I would appreciate it.

I suggest you try a PC troubleshooting forum. Links for some are provided below.
These sites have a variety of experts, that are better equipped to investigate and resolve these kinds of issues.
Registration is free, it only takes a few minutes. :)
The Elder Geek on Windows
BleepingComputer.com
WhattheTech...formerly TomCoyote

If you have any questions or require additional malware help, please let me know.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby nemoaquis » August 31st, 2011, 10:42 am

Hi deltalima,

Was the failure of GMER to run properly any cause for concern?

Thanks for the information and all your help and time.
Best wishes to you and the team at Malware removal.

nemoaquis
nemoaquis

Unread postby deltalima » August 31st, 2011, 2:28 pm

You're welcome!
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous