Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help removing redirect virus + maybe more

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Help removing redirect virus + maybe more

Unread postby Gary R » August 21st, 2011, 1:54 am

No problem, we got the result I'd hoped to see. :)

All the finds by e-set are encrypted files created by OTL when it quarantines things, so it looks as if we've got everything now.

Time for a little housekeeping ....

Let's clear out OTL and the files and folders it created. This will also remove TDSSKiller.
  • Double click OTL.exe to launch the programme.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button.
  • OTL will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
  • You will be prompted to allow the clean up procedure, click Yes
  • When finished exit out of OTL
  • Now delete OTL.exe (if still present).

Next

You can remove ERUNT using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

Next

You need to update Java to the latest version ....

Please download and install JDK 6 Update 27 (JDK or JRE).

As far as I can see, your computer looks clear of infection now.

Are you still noticing any problems ?
  • If you are let me know about them.
  • If not it's time to make your computer more secure.

Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.

If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.

In answer to your question about keylogging ....

Pretty much every major infection these days comes with some sort of keylogging and remote access capability, so there is always some risk of identity theft if your computer has been infected. I can give no 100% guarantee that there are not modifications made to your computer that we haven't found, all I can say is we've removed everything we've found, and I've no reason to suspect there's anything left to remove.

However, if you are using your computer for Online Banking, I recommend you back up your personal files and folders and then re-format your hard drive and re-install Windows, because that's the only way I know to be 100% sure that your machine is clean.

Personally I think the idea of Online Banking is a flawed one, since it's impossible to fully secure a computer against attack, so I do not and never would use my own computer for this purpose, but I do understand the convenience that Online Banking provides for many people.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Help removing redirect virus + maybe more

Unread postby Gary R » August 22nd, 2011, 1:41 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Previous