Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

It's very bad. Trojan?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

It's very bad. Trojan?

Unread postby mom243 » July 18th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Can't run DDS, can't get into safe mode, can't open task manager, can get online, etc. . .

Windows xp, HPmini notebook.
Son had it the other day and ta-da one of those security windows was there (the ones that look like it's a microsoft security program) UGHHH

Currently the little pop up box keeps showing up reading "Security Warning Malicious program has been detected. Click here to protect your computer. So I open it (after i tried getting task manager to open to terminate the program, and i tried finding it in add/remove programs).
Warning screen ; Malware Protection has found 5 useless and UNWANTED files on your computer. . . blah blah blah. Activation is highly recommended ACTIVATE NOW.
Every now and then it will make a audible sound like someone is screaming. Had to go into the control panel just to turn the sound down, can't do it from toolbar without an error.

I close that window and behind it is the Malware protection screen (looks like a window program - i know it's not, son probably didn't have a clue when it popped up) AVG was somehow disabled by this (assume he clicked something that shut it off) Side of screen reads home page, full pc scan, privacy keeper, firewall, update settings, global settings. Again, this is some time of joke program which I'm figuring is where the trojan came from (or whatever it is that is infecting the computer)

I have dds on a thumb drive, tried running it and get the security warning dds.scr can not start file dds.scr is infected by w32/blaster.worm Please activate malware protection to protect your computer.

Now i was able to remove something that showed up as mp3tube and/or mp3tovideo ???? don't remember the rest of it. went to programs folder and delted the contents except for the mp3tube toolbar helper service - which won't let me delete it.

System restore does not open.
Safe mode gets stuck on something never completing.
From the thumb drive, i tried to get ComboFix to load. Fixblast. malewarebytes, and avg is not even showing in the programs folders.
F11 doesn't seem to be an option on this mini 1035nr model
I have no disks, it doesn't even have a disk drive.
I tried to get programs with cmd prompt - nothing is working, security window keeps popping up.

With all that said, am i to the complete restore point?
If so, can i access it without the disk drive?

Thank you for any help or suggestions that I've not yet tried.
mom243

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: It's very bad. Trojan?

Unread postby NonSuch » July 18th, 2011, 11:49 pm

We understand that you are having difficulty running certain programs, including DDS. However, in order for us to help you it is necessary that you provide us with DDS logs, and it is possible you may be able to do this by following these instructions:

Download/run Rkill:

Please download Rkill from one of the following links and save to your Desktop:

One, Two or Three

• Double click on Rkill.
  • A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
  • Please leave Rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.

Note: If your security software warns about Rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.

Next, please follow the guideline at the link below to start a new topic and post your DDS log. If you are unable to create and post a DDS log, then your only option may be to reformat your computer and reinstall the operating system. If that becomes necessary, check your computer's documentation to find out how to activate the restore partition on your netbook. (This may be possible by restarting your computer and holding down the F11 key when you see prompts displayed on a black screen). If you do not have your computer's documentation, the following links may be helpful.

Overview of recovering the OS or reinstalling the OS:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... ct=4033929

If you need to order recovery media:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... =c00810334