Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

How to guarantee a clean MBR for new install XP

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

How to guarantee a clean MBR for new install XP

Unread postby a1sound » June 8th, 2011, 3:25 am

Hi Gang,

I've walked the walk with askey127 and still have a rootkit or a bootkit. Even after scanning and whacking and quarantining damn near every executable on my drive, the rootkit still is working. OK. I really believe my system is dead. I need to regen it.

How do I wipe the MBR for a fresh install of XP? I'm collecting the install disks for the applications I need and will soon have the mobo drivers required for a sysgen. I don't want to see this monster again--we never got rid of it. New MBR--it's back. What will wipe the sucker off?

I want to take the HD back to factory new. If it's as simple as letting the winXP Pro disk have a rip at it, fine. Is that enough?

Cheers,
Buzz.
a1sound

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: How to guarantee a clean MBR for new install XP

Unread postby askey127 » June 8th, 2011, 8:00 am

a1sound,
You can scroll down on the page in the link and get the MBR utility from there. It can zero out an MBR and install a standard one:
It is not really suitable for online remedies, but you can read about it and use it. Nothing to lose if you want to try it.
It's very good, and it is suitable for your type of system.
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downlo ... ftware.htm

OR..., This CopyWipe utility will completely wipe a drive to start over, if you would prefer to do it that way..
The PDF user manual is on a download button.
The DOS version is best for what you want to do. Make a bootable CD.
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/copywipe.php

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby a1sound » June 9th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Got it!

Interesting hardware. This could be useful for a really serious rebuild. Thanks!

Cheers,
Buzz.
a1sound

Unread postby askey127 » June 9th, 2011, 3:56 pm

This thread is closed.
We are pleased we could help.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!