Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Broadband Connection keeps Disconnecting?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Broadband Connection keeps Disconnecting?

Unread postby lehbird » April 12th, 2011, 12:36 pm

*******Sorry, I know I owe you a DDS file. I tried to delete this post after I posted, but couldn't figure out how...Sorry****

Could this be a virus?

All of a sudden, last night my broadband connection keeps disconnecting. I have a DSL service and was not able to get on the internet. (I am running XP SP2) So I went into my "Network Connections"
and found my "Broadband Connection" was disconnected. So, I double clicked on it and it asked me for my username and password. I entered them, and all was fine. except, it disconnects every minute says "redialling" then reconects. This repeats about every 60 seconds. The lights on my modem are always steady green. When I've had connection issues before, the lights woudl always either flicker or go out.

Any idea what could be causing this? If I have a DSL connectionm, should I ever be getting a dialog box that says "redialling"? BTW- I connected my wifes laptop to the same DSL line and there were no problems with that; so I assume it must be my PC.Thanks!!

Additional Details:
I typically do run through a router, but right now, I have the DSL line plugged directly into the back of my PC to try to trouble shoot.

I don't know if this is just coincidence or not, but this issue started happening after I unsuccessfully tried to you a program called "Game Ranger" (on line gaming program) for the first time.

Thanks,

Lehbird
lehbird

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Broadband Connection keeps Disconnecting?

Unread postby NonSuch » April 12th, 2011, 5:46 pm

By posting just a description of your problems it is likely that your topic will be passed by and you will not receive the help you're looking for.

We need to know what's running on your computer so we can give you appropriate instructions.

May I draw your attention to THIS topic, which you should have read, and which tells you what we need you to post so that we can help you.

This topic will now be closed.

If you still need help, please start a new thread with:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • Details of your problems.

If for any reason you can't run FRST, please let us know in your post.

NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!