I recommend that you uninstall Ask Toolbar due to that companies use of disceptive and otherwise questionable practices.
Please read this article, Current Practices of IAC/Ask Toolbars.
If you decide to uninstall Ask Toolbar, you can do so as follows:
- Go to start > control panel > programs and features.
- Right click on Ask Toolbar
- Click Uninstall & then follow the prompts to remove them.
Run one more CFScript
1. Close any open browsers.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
3. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:
- Code: Select all
Registry:: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders] "SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"
Save this as "CFScript.txt", and as Type: All Files (*.*) in the same location as ComboFix.exe
Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe
When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.
Please post the ComboFix log along with a description of how your computer is now behaving.