Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Vista total security 2011.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Vista total security 2011.

Unread postby Bigbear » March 16th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Hey! First post here, one of what I believe too be many to come!
So here's the situation. A friend of mines computer was infected with Vista total security 2011.
Its an acer laptop, not sure the model but it runs Vista Ultimate, and no anti virus until I put Avast Free edition on after disinfecting a little bit.

I have been using remote desktop too try and fix her problem as we're too far for me too just walk in. All that i have done so far is run a Malwarebytes scan
mbam-log-2011-03-16 (20-13-19).txt
and a hijackthis log
hijackthis.txt
can be found attached. Malwarebytes got rid of the Vista total security 2011 which had disabled her browser completely.

After the computer was at least able to connect via. browser, I ran Hijack this and ccleaner. After the deletion of 10gb of temp files, I then chose too seek help to ensure disinfection is thorough and she is able too bank safely. She had then told me that when the program asked her to purchase a full version she input her credit card details and paid for it, though it hasn't come out on her credit information, I expressed the importance that she gets a stop payment or contacts her creditors, I also indicated that if she is too use the computer tonight not to be inputting personal information.

Numerous of other weird programs and folders are found on the system, ones containing only alt characters.
One thing I tried googling was a Meitu folder in program files and a PaPaSucai folder in the Meitu folder, but nothing came up only sites to download the software . No process library or site rating its danger....
I'm not quite sure what too do next and I'm positive that the 49 files Malware-Bytes found wasn't all.

Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigbear

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Vista total security 2011.

Unread postby NonSuch » March 17th, 2011, 4:10 am

Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules: >Forum Posting Rules - Please Read<

In order for us to help you it is necessary that you provide us with logs that are pasted into your post, not attached.