Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Problem with Windows 7 after TDSS infection

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Problem with Windows 7 after TDSS infection

Unread postby jch02140 » February 26th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Hi,

Two days ago my laptop was infected with a nasty TDSS rootkit and have been having the iastor.sys BSOD every time I boot into windows or safemode.

While attempt to get through to the command-line option with 10 tries, 9 times got bsod and restarted but
I managed to get to the command prompt option via F8 and used the Kaspersky TDSSkiller tool to remove the rootkit.

I have also scanned my computer and remove other virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Virus tool in safe mode.

I have also attached a log files from DSS and HiJackThis. Since my system is Windows 7 x64, I have not include the GMER log file.

I have scanned and removed all the virus/malwares from the system until all my scanners returns nothing found. Problems are mostly solved but I am still having some other problem
like the system disk check not starting up on reboot. Also, all my shortcuts on the start menu are gone as well as the one in Administrative tools, etc....
I tried to roll back but the rootkit turned the system security center off and the restore point is removed....

How do I fix this?

Seems like there is some system files corrupted or something... I ran sfc /scannow and it says I have some corrupted files but cannot be fixed...

Here is the uploaded log file from sfc as it is too big to attach here:

http://uf6.info/txt/2822109.txt
Attach.txt

DDS.txt

hijackthis.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jch02140

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Problem with Windows 7 after TDSS infection

Unread postby Cypher » February 26th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Posting Logs as Attachments

May I draw your attention to the topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST, which you should have read before posting for help.

The section Logs posted as attachments explains why you should not post attachments unless the helper assisting you requests that you do so. Thank you for your understanding.

Seeking help at multiple forums

In addition to the above, you currently have an open topic at Bleeping Computer for this same issue:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ ... try2143401

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, that only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. Although there are many forums that handle HijackThis logs, there are not so many helpers; most of us help out at several forums. In addition, the results may not work out so well when you're following different instructions from different helpers. They may suggest different approaches for the same problem, all of which may be good; however, system conflicts may arise if different fixes for the same problem are applied simultaneously.

Editing profile to show invalid data

It should also be noted that your account has automatically been deactivated by the system as you have edited your email address to a nonexistent and invalid email address, and this is not allowable.