Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

logfile for trying to remove Smitfraud-C and spyaxe

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby masterofclocks » December 16th, 2005, 3:26 am

Hello Linkmaster,
Ok, so I downloaded DelDomains and it appeared to work as I had to reimmunize spybot. Upon running spybot, for the first time in a while, I was able to fix everything and smitfraud-c did not show its ugly face. However, when I ran it again immediately after the same 7 hits came up even though I had just deleted them. They are spyaxe, mediaplex, hitbox, fastclick, doubleclick, avenue a inc, and advertising.com. I dont know if this is a problem or just more false positives.
Thanks
masterofclocks 8)
masterofclocks

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Linkmaster » December 16th, 2005, 8:33 am

Checking
Linkmaster
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby Linkmaster » December 16th, 2005, 9:05 pm

There is a topic on the Safer Networking forums (Spybot S&D's home) regarding the Spybot S&D reporting Smitfraud C in the Restricted Zone. This is a false positive and it is supposed to be fixed soon...
Reporting Smitfraud C in the Restricted Zone

Here are a few tools that I recommend for protecting your system and keeping your system clean !!

Real Time Prevention
SpywareBlaster© by Javacool Software
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page.
IESpyad© by EHowes : This will add several hundred Restricted Sites to the Restricted site zone in IE.

CCleaner© by CCleaner.com is a good app to clean out temp files, cookies, recent folder(win2000) and Prefetch folder(XP), etc

Spyware Scanners:
Ad-aware SE© by Lavasoft Scans your system for spyware and other threats
a² Scanner© by Emsi Software : Scans for Malware and Trojans on your system.

Good Free Antivirus Programs:
AVG© by Grisoft
Avast© by ALWIL Software
NOTE:Remember always have just 1 antivirus program running at a time. Having more than one running causes a conflict between the programs !! You can use one as a backup to run manually

Windows Update:
It's also very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks
Windows Update

Firewalls:
If you have an "always on " internet connection, such as DSL or Cable, I recommend a Firewall.
A firewall will make your pc invisible to the outside world and will filter the outgoing and incoming traffic on your pc.
For a good idea of how vulnerable your system(s) are go to GRC
Scroll down to "Shields Up" Click on "Proceed" Then click on "Common Ports"to scan your ports.
Very good Firewalls :
ZoneAlarm Firewall© by Zone Labs
Kerio Personal Firewall© by Sunbelt

These next steps are optional, but will provide the greatest protection
Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness.
Alternative Browsers:
[url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=16458&t=82[url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=16458&t=82]FireFox© by Mozilla[/url]
Opera© by Opera Software ASA

Java Plug-in© Sun Microsystems. It's much more secure than Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine .

It's okay to delete the HijackThis folder if everything is working okay.

Always keep your Antivirus & Spyware Removal Tools current with the latest definitions and updates !!

Using these tools and keeping them updated will reduce the risk of future infections!!

Do you have any questions??
Linkmaster
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby masterofclocks » December 17th, 2005, 12:08 am

Nothing right now, I will keep in contact if anything comes up. Thanks for all of the assistance.
Sincerely,
Masterofclocks
masterofclocks

Unread postby NonSuch » December 17th, 2005, 3:28 am

Glad we could be of assistance.