Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

is my computer infected?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

is my computer infected?

Unread postby terestrife » February 17th, 2011, 9:17 pm

i ran Rkill on my computer and got this:
This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 02/17/2011 at 20:16:00.
Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

C:\Users\Tere\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\InfDefaultInstall.exe
C:\Windows\system32\runonce.exe
C:\Windows\System32\grpconv.exe
.exe

Rkill completed on 02/17/2011 at 20:16:18.

i was told that C:\Users\Tere\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe is a rootkit. does anyone know for sure?

i tried running hijackthis but it says i need to give it administrative rights, but the options the "run as administrator" is grayed out

im worried because earlier today i saw one of those fake programs that look like a virus scanner that tell you to you have viruses and a fake scanner pops up. i shut down my computer right away without touching anything but now im worried im infected,
terestrife

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: is my computer infected?

Unread postby NonSuch » February 18th, 2011, 3:51 am

Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules: >Forum Posting Rules - Please Read<

In order for us to help you it is necessary that you provide us with a HijackThis log. Please follow the instructions for your particular operating system, Windows Vista, at the link below. Start a new topic and post your HijackThis log by pasting it into your post. Do not utilize attachments.