Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

backing up files before malware removal

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

backing up files before malware removal

Unread postby Lorenzo37 » February 14th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Hi, i had a quick question. I apologise if this is the wrong forum.
Can i back up my files in safe mode to cdr's or dvr's without the files being corupted in any way or do i have to do it in normal mode? i want to save all my files before attempting to fix my problems here but i can only boot in safe mode due to my viruses.

Thank you,

Lorenzo
Lorenzo37

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: backing up files before malware removal

Unread postby NonSuch » February 15th, 2011, 12:57 am

The Malware Removal room is intended for assistance with malware removal issues only, and requires the posting of a HijackThis log. It is not a room for asking general questions, which could be asked in the General Discussions room:

viewforum.php?f=26

Backing up your files, whether in Safe or Normal mode, would not corrupt your files.