Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Windows 7 & Black Screen of Death

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Windows 7 & Black Screen of Death

Unread postby Roaddaddy » February 7th, 2011, 11:17 pm

HP dv6000, owned by my Son.

After the Windows splash screen, Black screen of Death. Have attempted and executed:

1. Recover Startup
2. Ultimate Boot CD for Windows, scanned and removed virus programs detected
3. Avira Rescue CD, scanned and removed virus programs detected
4. Determined that the registry "shell" value should be "explorer.exe" BUT keeps getting changed to CMD.EXE /K START CMD.EXE.

I see this type of post on several forums, please consider giving me assistance...
Roaddaddy

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Windows 7 & Black Screen of Death

Unread postby NonSuch » February 8th, 2011, 1:38 am

It appears the computer's operating system has likely sustained too much damage for a viable recovery, and certainly more than can be handled via an online help forum. If you have the installation disks for this computer, or if you can do a clean installation via a restore partition, that is your best option.

If you need information regarding restoration of this computer, the HP web site is located here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

HP Support Forums: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

As this issue will require a reformat for resolution, which is beyond the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator