Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

computer running slow...may be hijacked

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: computer running slow...may be hijacked

Unread postby Airscape » February 19th, 2011, 11:44 am

Did Eset find any bad items do you know?

Ok, please try this scan (the instructions may possibly be slightly different, but its fairly straight forward, just follow the prompts,and let me know if you have problems)

Disable Avira again for the scan and also run TFC again.

F-Secure Online Scan

You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

• Please go HERE to run an online scan from F-Secure
  • Click on Start scanning
  • This will open a new window
        In Interner Explorer
      • It will require an activex control, please install it
      • Click Accept

In Firefox
      • It will require an Add-on to be installed, please install it
      • Order to install the Add-on Firefox needs to be restarted, please do so
  • Click Full System Scan
  • It will now download the scanner this may take a while please be patient
  • It will then start scanning wait for the scan to finish
  • Click Automatic cleaning (recommended)
  • Wait for it finish the cleaning process
  • Click show report
  • This will open up a window with the results of the scan copy and paste those results as a reply to this topic
Airscape

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby teetsjr » February 20th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Airscape,

1) Yes Eset did find a bad file and removed it. I don't remember what it was exactly but I think it was something like Win32.

2) TFC ran with no problems.

Scanning Report
Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:34:19 - 12:30:22

Computer name: EXPERIEN-1B082F
Scanning type: Scan system for malware, spyware and rootkits
Target: C:\ D:\
No malware found
Statistics
Scanned:

* Files: 40783
* System: 3380
* Not scanned: 9

Actions:

* Disinfected: 0
* Renamed: 0
* Deleted: 0
* Not cleaned: 0
* Submitted: 0

Files not scanned:

* C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY
* C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\MOUNTPOINTMANAGERREMOTEDATABASE
* C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\HSPERFDATA_ADMINISTRATOR\2568
* C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\HSPERFDATA_ADMINISTRATOR\3832

Options
Scanning engines:

Scanning options:

* Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC SHB LNK WSF {* PDF ZL? XML XXX ANI AVB BAT CMD JOB LSP MAP MHT MIF PHP POT SWF WMF NWS TAR
* Use advanced heuristics

Copyright © 1998-2009 Product support | Send virus sample to F-Secure
F-Secure assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third parties that F-Secure World Wide Web pages have a link to. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material to any of our servers, for example by E-mail or via our F-Secure's CGI E-mail, you agree that the material you make available may be published in the F-Secure World Wide Pages or hard-copy publications. You will reach F-Secure public web site by clicking on underlined links. While doing this, your access will be logged to our private access statistics with your domain name. This information will not be given to any third party. You agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material you warrant that F-Secure may incorporate any concepts described in it in the F-Secure products/publications without liability.
teetsjr

Unread postby Airscape » February 20th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Your logs seem clean now. If the pc is running ok and you don't have any other questions or problems please do the following.

Start OTM again > click CleanUp! > then Reboot if needed.
It should delete itself when complete. If not delete it yourself.

Create a new, clean System Restore point
  • Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
  • Press Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >>System Tools >> System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
  • Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
  • Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
  • Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  • Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
  • Press OK and Yes to confirm
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally please follow these steps to prevent reinfection and keep your pc safe and secure for the future.

Make sure that you keep your antivirus updated
New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.

Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties > Automatic Updates tab or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.
Note: The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use internet explorer for it and allow the ActiveX control to install.

Update other Programs
Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities. To check whether other programs running on your PC are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Software Inspector or F-secure Health Check. I suggest that you run one of them at least once a month.
Note: You already have Secunia PSI installed, make sure you let it fix whatever it finds.

Further reading:

Finally I am trying to make one point very clear. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to keep all of your security programs up to date.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing and stay clean!
Airscape

Unread postby teetsjr » February 20th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Airscape,

I want to thank you for all your time and help. I'll try to keep it clean.
With all the malicious hackers out there it's good to know there are people that can help. Thank you and MWR.
teetsjr

Unread postby Airscape » February 21st, 2011, 10:00 am

Glad we could help :) . I will ask for this to be closed now.
Airscape

Unread postby Cypher » February 21st, 2011, 12:01 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous