Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Win32/Patched.GB virus! Please help...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Win32/Patched.GB virus! Please help...

Unread postby askey127 » January 12th, 2011, 3:05 pm

When IE is running, just hit F1 and type "cookies" into the search box.
It will explain how to enable cookies for various scenarios, for the IE version you are running.

You are right that you need to click the little "Options" button (lower right) from NoScript to allow scripts in Firefox.
Using it will show you how often websites try to run their own scripts on your machine without asking.
Some of the scripts could be used to infect your machine, if you are not sure about the integrity of the website.
Because Firefox does not allow ActiveX controls, and because it has add-ons like NoScript, it is somewhat safer for general surfing.

Even when you first posted, you did not have Java on your machine.
You can get it like this:

------------------------------------------------------------
Download and Install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment from here : http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp, and install it to your computer.
In the first section on the page, labeled JDK 6 Update 23 (JDK or JRE), click on the button labeled Download JRE. Do NOT choose the button labeled "Download JDK".
Select the Platform Windows and check the box to agree to the license.
Choose the Windows Offline installation version and click on the link.
Download it, choose Save, and save it to your desktop.
Then doubleclick it on your desktop, and it will install the newest version of Java for you to use.
You can then remove the Installer from your desktop.

After installing Java, your NoScript should allow JavaScript on whatever sites you want.
Let me know how it goes.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby lorieoreo » January 12th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Hmmm... ok, well I got Facebook to work on IE by putting it as an Always Allow cookie site.... but can't get it work on Firefox. Which after you said Firefox was generally safer for surfing, I'd much rather get on the social networking site from Firefox. It keeps saying Javascript isn't enabled. I went to the Tools menu, then content, and doubled checked that Javascript was enabled... so I'm a little confused.
This isn't a super huge problem of course, everything is working fine... THANKS TO YOU!! :)
But if you know of something I might be doing wrong in Firefox, please let me know.

Thanks so much for all your help!
lorieoreo

Unread postby askey127 » January 12th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Have you seen this page? It summarizes how it's supposed to work.
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Javascript
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby lorieoreo » January 12th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Thanks Askey... will take a look. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

And thanks a MILLION again for helping me get rid of that nasty virus! You are a lifesaver! AND my most favorite person of all time now!!! :)

Take care!
lorieoreo

Unread postby askey127 » January 14th, 2011, 4:52 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous