Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Windows Vista - DLL error

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Windows Vista - DLL error

Unread postby Airscape » December 27th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Hello again,

The problems you are still experiencing are not coming from malware as all of your latest logs have come back clean.
As this is a dedicated Malware Removal site I think those issues are best left to experts elsewhere..

I think it would be the best option for you to post on the AVG forums:

http://forums.avg.com/gb-en/avg-free-forum

I would explain the issue/error you are having. They will be able to offer you a solution. Feel free to add a link to this topic in your post.

So as I said above your logs are clean, I hope you can resolve your other problem with the link I provided.

--------------------------------------------------

Clean up with OTC
Download OTC by Old Timer here and save it to your desktop.
Right click on OTC.exe and select "Run as Admin" to run it.
Click on CleanUp!
At the "begin cleanup process" prompt, click Yes.
It will restart your computer automatically. If it doesn't, please restart your computer manually.

The above will remove the majority of tools/logs used in the removal process. If any still exist, please delete them yourself.

==============================================================

Finally please follow these steps to prevent reinfection and keep your pc safe and secure for the future.

Make sure that you keep your antivirus updated
New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.

Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Click Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Change Settings
Under Important updates choose Install updates automatically (recommended)
Choose a day/time when you know the pc will be on and connected to the internet, to automatically download then install the new updates
Under Recommended updates Check Give me recommended updates the same way I recieve important updates
Under Microsoft Update Check Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows
Under Who can install updates Check Allow all users to install updates on this computer
Click OK
Click Check for updates at the main Windows Update screen and let it download then install them... reboot if required.

Update Non-Microsoft Programs
Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities. To check whether other programs running on your PC are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Software Inspector or F-secure Health Check. I suggest that you run one of them at least once a month.

Further reading:
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=557960#p557960

Finally I am trying to make one point very clear. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to keep all of your security programs up to date.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing and stay clean!
Airscape

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby sammieC » December 28th, 2010, 4:22 am

Many thanks for your help. I visited the AVG forum and found a simple fix straight away.. no more DLL error. Hopefully my comp will stay clean!
sammieC

Unread postby Cypher » December 28th, 2010, 6:46 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Previous