Good evening budertv,
You're very welcome. Apologies for the delay in responding, had to be away longer than expected.
As you have stated you will rebuild the system, this topic will be done as soon as you let me know you have read and copied the below. You have made the right decision in this case.
Below you will find my all clean message. These you should copy to a usb/thumb drive or CD for reference later. Some items you have already, but I'll post so you have the links in the future, and if you should need a new Anti Virus or Firewall product. Remember use only one each installed at a time. Keep a link to this topic should you need to review this part.For New Setup
Once Reinstall of your programs is done, make a New Backup with Acronis. Do not use the older backups please.
Run an online scan at ESET as you did earlier to be sure the new system and backup are clean.
Please follow these simple guidelines in order to help keep your computer more secure:Time for some housekeeping
- Click on Start >> Run...
- Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the box and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
The above procedure will reset your System Restore and clear out the backups and quarantines created during the course of this fix.NextClean up with OTM
You can now delete any tools we used if they remain on your Desktop. Perform Disk Cleanup Note: You have to have administrative rights to run Disk Cleanup for "All" users.
- Double-click OTM.exe to start the program, This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Close all other programs apart from OTMoveIt3 as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTM main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
- Click the Vista Start... button. Type disk in the Start Search text entry box.
- Double click the Disk Cleanup entry, from the matching program list.
- In the Disk Cleanup options...select "Files from all users on this computer"
If the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection dialog box appears:
Disk Cleanup will begin space saving calculations.
- Select the drive where Windows Vista is installed. (Normally, this would be C:\ drive)
- Press the "OK"...button.
- When the calculations are finished... Press the More Options tab.
- In the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section... select "Clean up" button.
- Press the "Delete"... button, at the "Are you sure..." prompt.
Disk Cleanup will begin cleaning up old files and restore points.
- Exit Disk Cleanup.
This will remove all restore points except the one you just created.. Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.Secunia Software Inspector
- Copyright © Secunia. F-secure Health Check
- Copyright © F-Secure Corporation.Visit Microsoft often.
Keep on top of critical updates , as well as other updates for your computer.Using Windows Update in Windows VistaWhat is Windows Update?Microsoft Update Home Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Download it from Malewarebytes © Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing
, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.SpywareBlaster
If using Internet Explorer 8 and using the SmartScreen Filter, do not install. Can inhibit browser performance.
Download it from © Javacool Software LLC.
A SpywareBlaster knowledgebase can be found Here.WinPatrol
Do not install if you have installed Spybot Search & Destroy and enabled Teatimer protection. System conflicts can occur.
Download it from Copyright © BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)Firetrust SiteHoundSoftware may not be available as it is being rewritten... if so, bookmark site and check again later.
You can find information and download it from © Firetrust Ltd Read - stay informed.COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online
Please check out this article: Some information may be old but the basic safeguards still apply.How to prevent Malware:© miekiemoes - Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
Stay Safe! **Please post back that you have read and completed the above and that the topic may be closed**