Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Backdoor Trojan

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Backdoor Trojan

Unread postby chaniestone » November 6th, 2010, 11:43 pm

Hi, i had a post in here about a google redirect that would not go away no matter what i did. i posted it and then this is the response i got. ( i was away and unable to check my response so it got closed.)
WHAT DO I DO???
can we double check that this is what it is for sure before i reformat my hard drive?

This is the response:
Please read the following carefully and post your decision in a reply to this post.

BACKDOOR TROJAN

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. One or more of the identified infections is a BACKDOOR TROJAN. A backdoor can give intruders complete control of your computer, log your keystrokes, steal personal information, etc.

If you have not already done so, the following steps should be taken:

* If you have ever handled anything related to money (online banking, online shopping, etc), call your bank company and say that you might be a victim of identity theft due to a computer virus which logs keystrokes.
* Next, change ALL your passwords from a different computer! Do not use them on this computer again, until we have verified that there are no remaining infections present.

Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action would be to do a reformat and reinstallation of the operating system (OS). Although an attempt can be made to continue cleaning remaining infections on this machine, we can not be certain that it afterwards will be truly clean, secure, and trustworthy.

To help you understand more, please take some time to read the following articles:

How do I respond to a possible identity theft and how do I prevent it
When should I do a reformat and reinstallation of my OS
Where to backup your files
How to backup your files in Windows XP
Restoring your backups

Should you have any questions please feel free to ask.
chaniestone

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Backdoor Trojan

Unread postby NonSuch » November 7th, 2010, 3:47 pm

It was previously determined that the subject computer had been infected with: TrojanDownloader:Win32/Tracur.B

TrojanDownloader:Win32/Tracur.B listens on an undefined TCP port (such as TCP port 1345) and waits for instructions from an attacker. The trojan may be instructed to perform the following actions:

*Download and execute arbitrary files
*Redirect the user's web browser to a URL of the attacker's choice, and maximize the Web browser window

The malware creates a pipe named "\\.\pipe\82781219D3C34ebcA476079C6EC9FDF40" that can allow an attacker access to steal data.

• It is probable that the above malware infection is directly related to your usage of peer-to-peer filesharing programs.
  • If this machine was connected to a network of other computers while infected, the infection may have spread to the other networked computers.
  • This computer should be reformatted and the Windows operating system reinstalled.