Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

PLease help me to remove the spyware / malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: PLease help me to remove the spyware / malware

Unread postby dalitaj » November 8th, 2010, 1:19 am

Here is the log that kapersky found. I also noticed that I'm having some lagging problems and freezing issues while operating my computer.

Sunday, November 7, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Sunday, November 07, 2010 13:44:22
Records in database: 4230989
Scan settings
scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan e-mail databases no
Scan area My Computer
C:\
D:\
E:\
Scan statistics
Objects scanned 165012
Threats found 0
Infected objects found 0
Suspicious objects found 0
Scan duration 03:44:21

No threats found. Scanned area is clean.
Selected area has been scanned.
dalitaj

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Cypher » November 8th, 2010, 6:19 am

Hi dalitaj.
I also noticed that I'm having some lagging problems and freezing issues while operating my computer.

The problems you are still experiencing are not coming from malware as all of your latest logs have come back clean.
As this is a dedicated Malware Removal site I think those issues are best left to experts elsewhere..
Here are some excellent Tech sites (in no particular order) that may be able to help with these problems:

So as I said above your logs are clean, I hope you can resolve your other problem with the links that I provided.

This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware.

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Clean up with OTM

• Right-click OTM.exe And select " Run as administrator " to run it. If Windows UAC prompts you, please allow it.
  • This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTMoveIt3 as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTM main screen, press the CleanUp! button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

You can now delete any tools we used if they remain on your Desktop.

Protection Programs
Don't forget to re-enable any protection programs we disabled during your fix.

Now we needed to deal with security vulnerabilities
Internet Explorer v7.00

This is outdated and a security risk, you need to install internet explorer 8

You can find information and install IE 8 from Here

Update Firefox

• Your version of Firefox is outdated.
  • In the Firefox browser click Help > Check for updates to install the latest version.

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Install SiteAdvisor
SiteAdvisor is a toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox which alerts you if you're about to enter a potentially dangerous website.
You can find more information and download it from Here

Install WinPatrol
As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
For more information, please visit HERE

MVPS Hosts

Install MVPS Hosts File From Here
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
You can Find the Tutorial HERE

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Microsoft Windows Update
Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found. Install the updates immediately if they are found.
To update Windows
Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for updates.
To update Office
Open up any Office program.
Go to Help > Check for Updates

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Safe surfing!
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Elrond » November 9th, 2010, 1:40 pm

dalitaj this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Previous