Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Redirected after Google search

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Redirected after Google search

Unread postby Cypher » October 29th, 2010, 5:37 am

Hi Magsmom.

BACKDOOR TROJAN

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you, unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a BACKDOOR TROJAN. Backdoor Trojans are the most dangerous and most widespread type of Trojan. Backdoor Trojans provide the author or "master" of the Trojan with remote "administration" of victims machines. Unlike legitimate remote administration utilities, they install, launch and run invisibly, without the consent or knowledge of the user. Once installed, Backdoor Trojans can be instructed to send, receive, execute and delete files, harvest confidential data from the computer, log activity on the computer, change settings on the computer and more. Please read this article by Roger A. Grimes on Remote Access Trojans it will give you an Idea of the severity of the type of infection you have.

What are Remote Access Trojans and why are they dangerous

You are strongly advised to do the following:

• Disconnect the computer from the Internet and from any networked computers until it is cleaned.
  • Back up all your important data except programs. The programs can be reinstalled back from the original disc or from the Net.
  • Call all your banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and put a watch on your accounts. If you don't mind the hassle, change all your account numbers.
  • From a clean computer, change all your passwords (ISP login password, your email address(es) passwords, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, Amazon, online groups and forums and any other online activities you carry out which require a username and password).

Do NOT change your passwords from this computer as the attacker will be able to get all the new passwords and transaction records.

How do I respond to a possible identity theft and how do I prevent it

Because of the severity and the capabilities of this type of virus, (it cannot be known what changes to your system it has made or if it opened up other ways into your system) The only responsible course of action I can advise is to reformat your computer and reinstall windows.

Further reading:

When should do a reformat and reinstallation of my OS
Where to backup your files
How to backup your files in Windows XP
Restoring your backups

Should you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Magsmom » October 29th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Cypher

Do you recommend I contact a professional to do the reformat your computer and reinstall windows, or is this something I can generally do myself?
Magsmom

Unread postby Cypher » October 30th, 2010, 5:13 am

Magsmom wrote:Do you recommend I contact a professional to do the reformat your computer and reinstall windows, or is this something I can generally do myself?
Hi Magsmom.
Do you have the XP discs that came with your PC?
If so it is pretty straight forward see the link below.

Formatting and Installing from the Windows XP CD

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby muppy03 » November 2nd, 2010, 6:00 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.
We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you are satisfied with our assistance and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read :
Donations For Malware Removal
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous