Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Slow Video over internet, slow system

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Slow Video over internet, slow system

Unread postby turtledove » October 30th, 2010, 2:22 am

Good evening :)

You're most welcome.
Here is a safe program you can download and run to find out that information and more from your computer. It also shows drives, operating systems installed, your wireless and memory installed. It will show the status also of updates as well.
Link: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Belarc Advisor is the program.

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 2:32 am

So are you advising me to stop the current scan and try that or do you or keep sitting it out ?

Only turtledove knows best !

tj
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 30th, 2010, 2:37 am

Good evening,

Let the scan go for now, and run the Belarc afterwards. I'll let you know if we need take a different route.

Thanks

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Good Morning again turtledove !

Ok, sit down because the system is throwing us another curve ball.

I just got up and the system was off but it booted up SUPER FAST. My mind was still foggy so I forgot to go into the bios first. I wanted to see if anything changed and started up IE. I didn't restore the last session and just left it alone and started firefox. I went to youtube and video was working PERFECTLY so I come in here to boot up this system to write you. I went back to check on the laptop and the video was jerky again but updating regularly about every three seconds. I searched for the same video again and it was back to it's unbearable slow speed. I shut down firefox and killed the IE process from task manager so I could restore the last session later if you want me too. (the scanning page) and restarted the pc.

I got my system tag number from the bios, exited without saving and let it reboot. This time it booted SUPER SLOW again. This is the info I got from Dell on my graphics card.

T9487 Card, Graphics, ATI TechnologiesINC, 128MB, M24, Lead Free (T9487 is the part number)

In the driver dowload section of the dell support site there were four drivers listed. I updated previously (weeks ago) using the driver for the Mobility Radeon X600 although by default it installed into a different folder than they were originally on the system. You can see that from my previous logs.

I don't know why I used the update for the X600 but I noticed today that the "recommended driver" is Mobility FireGL V3100.

I'm going to just turn the system off until I hear from you again. I'm wondering if heat has anything to do with it however last time the system shut off running a scan it didn't make a difference and this could have been a fluke.

Too bad you got stuck with me .... I wish this was trick or treat or april fools.

Thanks,
tj ...
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 30th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Good Day teajay,

I'm having you rerun ESET and let it clean that file. After inquiring, as I have suspected this could be an issue more with age of the laptop or heat with exception to the one file. You may also uninstall that ATI update, that should put it back to the original driver for the graphics; then try the recommended one you stated above.

I will advise a forum for you for technical issues when this file is done. You're welcome to come back here for assistance to be sure everything is clear if any doubts.
I am suggesting this due to not being able to run a good scan right now. We'll start with the run of ESET again- notice the change to Allow Removal of threats. I will go from there.

ESET online scannner
**Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online
scan
Right click the AntiVir tray Icon, select AntiVir Guard On to disable temporarily. Reverse procedure when ESET is finished.

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.

• Hold down Control then click on the following link to open a new window to ESET online scannner
  • Then click on: Image
    Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats IS checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: Image
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

****Be sure AntiVir is set to active again

Please Post the entire scan log which should be located in:
C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
Let me know how things are now and if ESET found more than 1 bad file.
Thank you

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby turtledove » November 2nd, 2010, 11:45 am

Good Day teajay,

How are things going with the scan now?
Also, did you uninstall the ATI driver you had installed recently?
Let me know if more time is needed, or if there is a problem.

Thank you

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » November 2nd, 2010, 4:50 pm

Thanks for following up. I started the scan yesterday after my company for the weekend left. It has been going for over 24 hours now.

I'm getting anxious to see if we can come to some sort of definitive conclusion so I can decide whether to try a system restore or heaven forbid I need a new system.

Thanks,
tj ...
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » November 2nd, 2010, 9:22 pm

Good Day teajay,

Thanks. You're welcome.
Please do not use System Restore that is in XP. The file ESET found is in system restore points dormant now, and would become active again.
I'm hoping you will not have to reset back to factory settings, which is different than System Restore.

Hopefully that scan is almost done. I'll await the report. This time I had you set it to clean, and let me know if any new bad files are found.
Hope your weekend was enjoyable. :)

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » November 3rd, 2010, 1:48 pm

turtledove,

The scan is going on close to 48 hours now. Do you think it might be locked up ? Do you want me to let it keep going ? Can I remove that file manually ?

I'll do whatever you say. I got more time than money.

Thanks,
tj ...
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » November 3rd, 2010, 3:01 pm

Good Day teajay,

It may take time, but let it finish. Are you seeing it say how many files are done or a progress bar?
Without knowing for sure where that file is I can't move it off. I also need to be sure nothing else has shown up as well.

Thank you

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » November 3rd, 2010, 4:55 pm

From the second I clicked on scan the screen has been blank except for a blinking white box at the very top left of the screen and a little smaller but non blinking box at the very bottom right of the screen.

Thanks,
tj...
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm

Good evening teajay,

I'm not sure why that is. Which Browser are you using for ESET scan? You should see a normal internet like window with ESET at the top. The scan window should have ESET at top, a progress bar, and files searched/infected/cleaned.
I'll see how it does on my system as well.
Do you recall how long the first ESET ran? I may have you do a couple things and rerun if not finished tonight.
Please look here for a log.txt from the first run, it may or may not be there:
C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\

Have you uninstalled the ATI driver update? If not please do, and wait before updating to the other one you found out about. If you installed that one, uninstall it for now. Check how video is doing and let me know. I'll go from there.

Thanks

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » November 4th, 2010, 12:03 am

The same thing happened the last time I ran ESAT except that by now the screen had reappreared with the ati driver error which stopped the scan but it found that one error. I'll let it run over night and if I haven't heard anything back from you I'll shut down the sysem.

All I did was run ESET because that was what was first in your instructions from your post on Sat 30 Oct, 2010 4:46 pm.

I'm using IE Explorer 8 so I wouldn't have to install another add on to throw into the mix.

I'll let it run overnight then restart the system even if I have to take the battery out and look for the log file then wait for further instructions.

All the other programmers at my last job hated when I came to them with a problem because they knew it wouldn't be something simple and I was usually put off for a long time, a couple of days or more sometimes. It got to the point that I had to ask for help on simple problems I could solve just to keep them off balance so they wouldn't ever know when something was going to be a real problem. Seems I always get the strangest things happening.

How many programmer's does it take to change a lightbulb. None, it is a hardware problem.

See you in the morning.

TJ ...
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » November 4th, 2010, 12:40 am

Good evening/Day teajay,

Thanks. If you end up restarting, please do what is in my last post with the ATI driver.

How many programmer's does it take to change a lightbulb. None, it is a hardware problem.

I like that one. :)

Thank you

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » November 4th, 2010, 4:00 am

I decided to go ahead and restart the computer. I had to remove the battery.

This is the log such as it is.

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK

When windows restarted I got:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

BCCode: ea BCP1:867EBB98 BCP2: 86584D8 BCP3: 86F2D2C0
BCP4: 00000001 OSVER: 5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product 256_1

Unfortunately the files seem to be deleted that I let the system send to Microsoft. I won't make that mistake again.

It probably doesn't mean anything but here is the path and the filenames:

c:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Locals~1\Temp\WERe8b5.dir00\Mini110410-01.dmp
c:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Locals~1\Temp\WERe8b5.dir00\sysdata.xml

As anxious as I am to move forward I would prefer to wait for a response from you before continuing.

tj ...
teajay

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext