Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Computer Freezes/Stops for Minutes at a Time

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Computer Freezes/Stops for Minutes at a Time

Unread postby Dakeyras » August 8th, 2010, 4:49 am

Hi. :)

Firstly thanks so much for your assistance. I have already done a complete reinstall before I came on here.
You're most welcome!

Aye I was aware of this by the various logs, unfortunately believe it or not in certain circumstances a computer can become infected by malware in a matter of minutes once connected online.

So maybe hardware maybe a software conflict.
A distinct possibility.

I would be pleased if you could recommend a forum to help me with finding/solving any software conflicts
By all means as follows:-

If you wish to seek assistance with a view to the aforementioned the best advice I can give is to is create a account at one of the following forums and post in the appropriate section.

By all means include a link back to this topic:-
Code: Select all
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52644
I am a member of both of the below myself and they have outstanding IT Tech Support Staff:-

Specific Hardware/Software Support:

Next:

Congratulations your computer now appears to be malware free!

Now I have some tasks for your good self to carry out as part of a clean up process and some advice about online safety.

Importance of Regular System Maintenance:

I advice you read both of the below listed topics as this will go a long way to keeping your Computer performing well.

Help! My computer is slow!

Also so is this:

What to do if your Computer is running slowly

Clean up with OTC:

Please download OTC and save it to desktop. This tool will remove all the tools(and logs created) we used to clean your pc.

Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.

• Double-click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Reset the System Restore points:

• Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
  • Press Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >>System Tools >> System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
  • Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
  • Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
  • Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  • Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
  • Press OK and Yes to confirm

Now some advice for on-line safety:

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware:

This is a excellent application and I advise you keep this installed. Check for updates and run a scan once a week.

Other installed security software:

Your presently installed combination security application, Trend Micro Internet Security Pro automatically checks for updates and downloads/installs them with every system reboot and or periodically if the machine is left running providing a internet connection is active.

I advise you also run a complete scan with this also once per week.

Keep your system updated:

Microsoft releases patches for Windows and other products regularly:

Be careful when opening attachments and downloading files:

• Never open email attachments, not even if they are from someone you know. If you need to open them, scan them with your antivirus program before opening.
  • Never open emails from unknown senders.
  • Beware of emails that warn about viruses that are spreading, especially those from antivirus vendors. These email addresses can be easily spoofed. Check the antivirus vendor websites to be sure.
  • Be careful of what you download. Only download files from known sources. Also, avoid cracked programs. If you need a particular program that costs too much for you, try finding free alternatives on Sourceforge or Pricelessware.

Stop malicious scripts:

Windows by default allow scripts (which is VBScript and JavaScript) to run and some of these scripts are malicious. Use Noscript by Symantec or Script Defender by AnalogX to handle these scripts.

Avoid Peer to Peer software:

P2P may be a great way to get lots of seemingly freeware, but it is a great way to get infected as well. There's no way to tell if the file being shared is infected. Worse still, some worms spread via P2P networks, infecting you as well. My advice is too avoid these types of software applications.

Hosts File:

A Hosts file is like a phone book. You look up someone's name in the phone book before calling him/her. Similarly, your computer will look up the website's IP address before you can view the website.

Hosts file will replace your current Hosts file with another one containing well-known advertisement sites, spyware sites and other bad sites. This new Hosts file will protect you by re-directing these bad sites to 127.0.0.1.

Here are some Hosts files:

Only use one of the above.

Install WinPatrol

Download it from here

You can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Next:

Any questions? If so feel free to ask, if not stay safe!
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Computer Freezes/Stops for Minutes at a Time

Unread postby Dakeyras » August 9th, 2010, 7:23 am

Since we have done all we can, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Previous