Ok lets run a few more scans please continue with the instructions below.
We will be doing some updates also.
Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE).
Please download from HERE
- Find Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 21.
- Click the Download JRE button to the right.
- Choose the correct Platform and Multi-language. Next, check the box that says I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click on the filename under Windows Offline Installation and save it to your desktop.
- Close all active windows.
- Install the program.
Update Adobe Reader
- You should Download and Install the newest version of Adobe Reader for reading pdf files, due to the vulnerabilities in earlier versions.
- Download Adobe Reader 930 from Here
Please download MBRCheck.exe to your desktop.
- Right-click on MBRCheck.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
- It will show a Black screen with some information.
- if an unknown bootcode is found you will have further options available to you, at this time press N then press Enter twice.
- If nothing unusual is found just press Enter
- A .txt file named MBRCheck_mm.dd.yy_hh.mm.ss should appear on your desktop.
- Please post the contents of that file in you're next reply.
Please run ATF Cleaner again it should still be on you're desktop.
Please disable McAfee VirusScan Enterprise as it will interfere with the below scan.
Note: Don't forget to Re-enable it after the below scan..
Kaspersky Online Scan
You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- Hold down Control then click on the following link to open a new window to Kaspersky Online Scan
- Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
- It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
- When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
- Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
- Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
- Click on My Computer under Scan. * This will take a while. Please be patient *.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
- You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
- Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
- Please post this log in your next reply.
This online tutorial will help explain how to use the aforementioned online scan.
Logs/Information to Post in your Next Reply
- MBRCheck log.
- Kaspersky log.
- Please give me an update on your computers performance.