Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

My Hijackthis log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: My Hijackthis log

Unread postby vict0r » June 18th, 2010, 3:49 pm

You have previously written that your computer is not performing very good and you have expressed a wish to reset your computer with the recovery partition.

We have seen that your computer has a lot of issues, both malware related and not.

The tools we have available for further troubleshooting require that you have backed up your important files before continuing. The reason for this is that it's impossible to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we use, therefore we cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop. Therefore it would be unwise to continue at this point of time.

This entry in the first HJT-log you entered seems to be an undocumented infection:
C:\Windows\Psyxib.exe
Since it's undocumented it would be unwise for me to not go as far as recommend you to:
  • From a known clean computer: Change all your passwords (ISP login password, your email address(es) passwords, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, Amazon, online groups and forums and any other online activities you carry out which require a username and password)
  • Call all your banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and put a watch on your accounts.
  • Never to trust your computer again with the current installation of Windows.

Read this for further information:
What are backdoors from Wikipedia
How do I respond to a possible identity theft and how do I prevent it

In light of all this it would be wise for you to back up any important files and folders that you don't want to lose and to restore your computer to the factory defaults using the recovery partition.

I will have to send you to another forum for help with the backup and the issue with accessing your recovery partition as this is a malware removal forum only.

I'm sorry I can't help you with these problems.

I recommend that you try one of these forums for help with the backup and restore:

vict0r

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: My Hijackthis log

Unread postby Dakeyras » June 19th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Since we have done all we can, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!