How are things running?
- Please download TFC by Old Timer to your desktop,
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left of TFC
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Note: Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It should not take longer than a couple of minutes , and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM)
As you have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on your computer. Could you please do a scan using these settings:
- Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Select the Update tab
- Click Check for Updates
- After the update have been completed, Select the Scanner tab.
- Select Perform Quick scan, then click on Scan
- When done, you will be prompted. Click OK. If Items are found, then click on Show Results
- Check all items then click on Remove Selected
- After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply.
The log can also be found here:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Or via the Logs tab when the application is started.
Note: MBAM may ask to reboot your computer so it can continue with the removal process, please do so immediately.
Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
ESET Online Scanner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
- Please go here then click on: Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!