Good choice. I will ask this topic to be closed soon.
Then there are a couple of things you should do immediately after installing Windows and before surfing the net.
- SpywareBlaster help your Internet Explorer more strong as it will help to block known malicious ActiveX
- A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found HERE
- Antivirus help you to give the maximum protection for the system.
- You are advice to have only ONE antivirus running on the system.
- Please consider one of this program:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool
- Only realtime protection need to pay.
- Tutorial on installing & using this product can be found below:
- Unwanted things always occur behind your knowledge. Let's this software take the snapshot of it.
- For more information and installation can be found HERE
Please make sure to have your Windows Automatic Update turn ON or you can do it manually.
Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found. Install the updates immediately if they are found.
To update Windows
- Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
- Open up any Office program.
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
You always can refer at both website to check either any updates are needed for your system.
- Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"
- Read some information here how to prevent Malware.
- Is your pc running slow? Read What to do if your Computer is running slowly
Happy Safe Surfing