Good afternoonPlease print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..:Run CFScript:
and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:
- Code: Select all
C:\Documents and Settings\jessc0125\Shared\electropop.mp3
it to your desktop
Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
This will let ComboFix
run again. Restart
if you have to.
Save the produced logfile
to your desktop. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall
Very well done!! This is my general post for when your logs
show no more signs of malware
- Please let me know if you still are having problems with your computer and what these problems are.
ESET is only reporting backups created during the course of this fix, and items located in C:\System Volume Information\, which is where System Restore's cache is stored. Whatever is in there can't harm you unless you choose to perform a manual restore. Nevertheless, we shall be resetting/clearing the cache shortly.
The following procedure will implement some cleanup procedures. It will also reset your System Restore by flushing out previous restore points (which contain the infections) and create a new restore point. :Uninstall ComboFix:
- push the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
- please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
To re-enable your Emulation drivers, double click DeFogger to run the tool.:Make your Internet Explorer more secure::Turn On Automatic Updates:
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_enable which will appear on your desktop.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
Your Emulation drivers are now re-enabled.
Turn On Automatic Updates:antispyware programs:
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
2. Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them
If you click this setting, click to select the day and time for scheduled updates to occur. You can schedule Automatic Updates for any time of day. Remember, your computer must be on at the scheduled time for updates to be installed. After you set this option, Windows recognizes when you are online and uses your Internet connection to find updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site that apply to your computer. Updates are downloaded automatically in the background, and you are not notified or interrupted during this process. An icon appears in the notification area of your taskbar when the updates are being downloaded. You can point to the icon to view the download status. To pause or to resume the download, right-click the icon, and then click Pause or Resume. When the download is completed, another message appears in the notification area so that you can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.
or visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
you have a couple of good antispyware programs on this computer but you still can try some of these others to see if you like them also
I would reccomend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs (all free), and the updating of them regularly:
- WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee.
- Spyware Blaster - By altering your registry, this program stops harmful sites from installing things like ActiveX Controls on your machines.
please read this great article by miekiemoes How to prevent Malware
this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First PlaceNow you have followed my advice - it's time to lodge a complaint against what you have suffered......... Malware Complaints
If you were infected .... Stand Up and be Counted. I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can then be closed.Gringo