Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Mbam cannot remove "Trojan.PWS"

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Mbam cannot remove "Trojan.PWS"

Unread postby av8r » March 13th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Logs are posted at the end of this problem description.

Computer: Dell Dimension 8400 running Windows XP Home edition, SP2.

I need help dealing with two infections that Malwarebytes has detected but apparently cannot remove. When I select “Removed Detected” mbam tells me they were successfully deleted, but when I rerun the scan, they pop up again. It doesn’t matter whether I restart the computer before re-running, or simply re-run the scan again immediately, they are detected every time I run the scan. Here are the 2 infections exactly as they appear in the mbam log:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.PWS) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.PWS) -> Data: system32\userinit.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Here is a more detailed background in case it is relevant:

My computer was actually infected with several viruses and I think I have cleaned all but the 2 items identified above. I’m not certain about this, but it seems to have resulted from an internet drive by. After downloading Google Chrome and while taking it for a test drive, I noticed some peculiar behavior and then my CPU usage jumped way up and I could hear lots of disk activity. Then my computer just shut down by itself and started back up again. Then things really started going south. For example, before I realized my machine was infected, I tried to log on to my bank account and my transaction was intercepted and redirected (browser hijacker?). I got an official looking bank screen asking me to verify my identity and asked for all kinds of stuff including account numbers, pin numbers, SSN, security codes, etc. I of course did not enter it and this is what made me realize that something was wrong. So I did a full scan with my McAfee scanner and got several hits, which were identified as “StealthMBR.c,” “W32/Zhelatin!c,” and “Artemis!”. McAfee quarantined them and I then selected the option to remove them. Based on location information in the McAfee scan log, I discovered that the virus was creating a user profile called “HelpAssistant” and copying MANY GIGABYTES of stuff to it (including the virus files McAfee identified) from other folders on my C: drive, mainly from “My Documents” folders. I have been able to manually delete the HelpAssistant user profile, but it gets recreated sporadically. A clear pattern has not emerged yet, but it seems like the HelpAssistant user profile will only get created if I start my computer with an internet connection in place, but it doesn‘t happen every time I start up. I also disabled “Help and Support” service thinking that might have something to do with it. When I re-enabled it the other night to run some system utilities, I had another occurrence of the HelpAssistant profile being created and gobs of stuff being copied to it, but it only happened when I restarted with an internet connection in place. I disabled “Help and Support” again and so far no more occurrences of the HelpAssistant profile being created.

Continuing, I decided to uninstalled Google Chrome and then ran another McAfee scan. But it did not detect anything. I then downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware scanner to see if it could find anything. After downloading it and allowing it to update with the latest updates, I physically disconnected my computer from the internet and ran a FULL scan. It detected 18 infections (that McAfee apparently missed) before my machine froze up (after several hours of scanning). I had no choice but to do a hard shutdown and restart the scan. This time it detected only 9 infections and I selected the option to remove them. I got a “successful” message and restarted my computer. I then ran a quick scan and it detected 2 of the same viruses again, the 2 infections cited at the beginning of this post. I selected “remove” and received another “successfully deleted” message. I then re-ran the scan without shutting down and it detected the same 2 infections. I then ran the scan in Safe Mode, selected “remove” and got a successful message. I restarted in normal mode and ran another scan but the same 2 infections popped up again.

I always receive a message that they’ve been successfully removed, but they keep popping up, so they are obviously not being removed.

One more thing in case it’s relevant. While I was doing all this, I went into msconfig to see what items were included in startup. There was one peculiar entry that was checked for startup but the line was completely blank. I’m guessing it was a bad boy. I set msconfig to restart without the Start-up items and restarted the computer. I then re-ran mbam again but got the same 2 infections and once again selected “remove.“ This time, however, when I restarted with the Start-up items re-enabled, the blank entry was gone. Nevertheless, when I ran mbam again, it still picked up the same 2 infections cited at the beginning of this post, so they do not appear to be related.

Any insight or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

HIJACK THIS LOG:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:37:19 PM, on 3/13/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40ST7.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager\Scheduler\sldIMScheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus Xtreme G\AirPlusCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alpha Networks\ANIWZCS Service\WZCSLDR.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\MMDiag.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIEQA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ArcCon.ac
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner10.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\MalWare Tools\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=%s
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: dsWebAllowBHO Class - {2F85D76C-0569-466F-A488-493E6BD0E955} - C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\dsWebAllow.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Verizon_McciTrayApp] "C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] "C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SolidWorks_CheckForUpdates] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager\Scheduler\sldIMScheduler.exe" /scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McENUI] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus Xtreme G\AirPlusCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BuildBU] c:\dell\bldbubg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcSoft Connection Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCSService] C:\Program Files\Alpha Networks\ANIWZCS Service\WZCSLDR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DelayShred] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mshr\ShrCL.EXE /P7 /q C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\SP6BC56N\PIMSTR~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ODA7G5AR\WD_MAI~2.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\GXQZWDER\SRP_ME~2.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\MZOZ6N4P\TYPE_S~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\SL6B0XQN\MAIN_2~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\4ZGDW12F\SRP_ME~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\MZOZ6N4P\SRP_ME~2.SH! c:\DOCUME~1\steve\LOCALS~1\temp\VBE.SH! c:\DOCUME~1\steve\LOCALS~1\temp\SOLIDW~4.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ODA7G5AR\SRP_ME~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\SP6BC56N\SRP_ME~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\TG0FX14D\SRP_ME~1.SH!
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON WorkForce 500 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIEQA.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_SFD.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe"
O4 - Startup: SolidWorks Task Scheduler Engine.lnk = C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\swBOEngine.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AutoCAD Startup Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acstart17.exe
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... insctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microso ... 0671407390
O18 - Protocol: dssrequest - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O18 - Protocol: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: SW Distributed TS Coordinator Service (CoordinatorServiceHost) - Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. - C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\DTSCoordinatorService.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V5 Service4(01) (EPSON_EB_RPCV4_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40ST7.EXE
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service4(01) (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: MBackMonitor - McAfee - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUPnPRenderer10.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUpnpService10.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 10 (RoxLiveShare10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare10.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 10 (RoxWatch10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe
O23 - Service: SolidWorks Licensing Service - SolidWorks - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe

--
End of file - 15912 bytes

UNINSTALL LIST:

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Adobe Reader 8.1.3
AirPlus Xtreme G
America Online (Choose which version to remove)
ANIO Service
ANIWZCS Service
AOL Coach Version 1.0(Build:20040229.1 en)
AOL Connectivity Services
AOLIcon
ArcSoft Print Creations
ArcSoft Print Creations - Brochure
ArcSoft Print Creations - Photo Calendar
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
Audacity 1.2.6
AutoCAD 2007 - English
Autodesk DWF Viewer
Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 2
Canon Camera Access Library
Canon Camera Support Core Library
Canon G.726 WMP-Decoder
CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Internet Library for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon MOV Decoder
Canon MPEG4ASF Component
Canon Utilities CameraWindow
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 5 for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 6 for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities EOS Utility
Canon Utilities MyCamera
Canon Utilities MyCamera DC
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility
Creative MediaSource
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver
Dell Driver Reset Tool
Dell Picture Studio v3.0
Dell Support Center (Support Software)
DellSupport
DirectXInstallService
DWG TrueView 2010
DWGeditor
EarthLink setup files
EMC 10 Content
EPSON Scan
EPSON WorkForce 500 Series Printer Uninstall
Get High Speed Internet!
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB906569)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB919880)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB942288-v3)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB961118)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB970653-v3)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB979306)
Intel Application Accelerator
Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
Internet Explorer Default Page
Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5
Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio, Dell Editon
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only)
Learning TurboCAD 11 3D Modeling
Macromedia Flash Player
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
McAfee SecurityCenter
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB953297)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition Installer
Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP
Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Applications - ENU
Modem Event Monitor
Modem Helper
Modem On Hold
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686)
Musicmatch for Windows Media Player
NetZeroInstallers
Photo Click
PhotoView 360
PowerDVD 5.5
QuickBooks Simple Start Special Edition
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Roxio Activation Module
Roxio BackOnTrack
Roxio Central Audio
Roxio Central Copy
Roxio Central Core
Roxio Central Data
Roxio Central Tools
Roxio CinePlayer
Roxio CinePlayer Decoder Pack
Roxio Disc Gallery
Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite
Roxio File Backup
Roxio MediaShare
Roxio Update Manager
Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB954155)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB968816)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB973540)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923561)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB947864)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952004)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956844)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958470)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB959426)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960225)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960714)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960859)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961371-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961501)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB968537)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969059)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970238)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970430)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971468)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971557)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971633)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971657)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971961)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972260)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973346)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973354)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973507)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973904)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974112)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974318)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974392)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974571)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975025)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975467)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978251)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978262)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706)
SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin
SolidWorks 2009 SP0
SolidWorks 2009 SP0
SolidWorks eDrawings 2009
SolidWorks Explorer 2009 sp0
SolidWorks Motion 2009 SP0
SolidWorks Simulation 2009 SP0
Sonic DLA
Sonic MyDVD LE
Sonic RecordNow Audio
Sonic RecordNow Copy
Sonic RecordNow Data
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
TurboCAD Professional v11.2
TurboCAD Symbols
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB925720)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Update for Windows XP (KB942840)
Update for Windows XP (KB946627)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB955759)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
Update for Windows XP (KB968389)
Update for Windows XP (KB971737)
Update for Windows XP (KB973687)
Update for Windows XP (KB973815)
Update for Windows XP (KB978207)
Verizon Help and Support Tool
Verizon High Speed Internet
Verizon Servicepoint 1.5.24
Verizon Yahoo! Applications
Vz In Home Agent
Windows Desktop Search
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Imaging Component
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Presentation Foundation
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
WordPerfect Office 12
av8r

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Mbam cannot remove "Trojan.PWS"

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » March 17th, 2010, 1:42 am

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Unread postby Katana » March 17th, 2010, 5:32 am

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only,
the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  1. Please Read All Instructions Carefully
  2. If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  3. Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
  4. Failure to reply within 5 days will result in the topic being closed.
  5. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
    (Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)
If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly Image

Some of the logs I request will be quite large, You may need to split them over a couple of replies.

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I discovered that the virus was creating a user profile called “HelpAssistant”

This is a fairly new infection, we can fix it in most cases by repairing the Master Boot Record (MBR) but unfortunately you have a Dell machine that causes us problems.

**Important note to Dell users - fixing the mbr may prevent access the the Dell Restore Utility, which allows you to press a key on startup and revert your computer to a factory delivered state. There are a couple of known fixes for said condition, though the methods are somewhat advanced. If you are unwilling to take such a risk, you should not allow the tool to execute mbr -f nor execute the command manually, and you will either need to restore your computer to a factory state or allow your computer to remain having an infected mbr (the latter not recommended).

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 17th, 2010, 12:45 pm

I am willing to try the advanced approach of fixing the MBR. But before we start, is there a way to create an image copy of the Dell restoration utility, or do I have to create an image copy of the whole hard drive? In either case, how do I create an image copy, i.e. what is the command or where is the Windows utility? The computer has a 160 GB hard drive with about 75 GB used. I have a 1 TB external drive I can use for creating a backup before we start. And thanks very much for your help.
av8r

Unread postby Katana » March 18th, 2010, 6:06 pm

The best way to do it really, is to remove the infection and then you can "repair" the recovery partition option.
Here is a site which gives instructions on how to fix Dell Restore.
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/fixes.htm

Please download HelpAsst_mebroot_fix.exe and save it to your desktop.
Close out all other open programs and windows.
Double click the file to run it and follow any prompts.
If the tool detects an mbr infection, please allow it to run mbr -f and shutdown your computer.
Upon restarting, please wait about 5 minutes, click Start>Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

helpasst -mbrt

Make sure you leave a space between helpasst and -mbrt !
When it completes, a log will open.
Please post the contents of that log.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 20th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Downloaded and ran HelpAsst_mebroot_fix.exe per your instructions. No logs were generated. The message in the dialog box was:
User & kernal MBR OK

What would you like to try next?
av8r

Unread postby Katana » March 20th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Curious ???

Download and Run ComboFix (by sUBs)
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

Bleeping Computer ComboFix Tutorial

• You must download it to and run it from your Desktop
  • Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to post in your next reply
  • Re-enable all the programs that were disabled during the running of ComboFix..

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own.
This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

For instructions on how to disable your security programs, please see this topic
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 21st, 2010, 10:35 pm

Ok, ran combofix without any problems. Two files detected and deleted. Log follows. Again, thanks very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

--------------------------------------------

ComboFix 10-03-21.02 - Steve 03/21/2010 18:44:15.1.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1022.577 [GMT -7:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Steve\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: McAfee VirusScan *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {84B5EE75-6421-4CDE-A33A-DD43BA9FAD83}
FW: McAfee Personal Firewall *disabled* {94894B63-8C7F-4050-BDA4-813CA00DA3E8}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\windows\eSellerateEngine.dll
c:\windows\system32\bszip.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-02-22 to 2010-03-22 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-03-20 20:05 . 2010-03-20 20:05 -------- d-----w- C:\HelpAsst_backup
2010-03-06 02:51 . 2010-03-06 02:51 311888 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\FontCache3.0.0.0.dat
2010-03-06 02:36 . 2010-03-06 02:38 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\DWG TrueView 2010
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-03-05 23:56 1420824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\D3DCompiler_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-02-06 07:07 462864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3dx10_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-03-05 23:56 3786760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\D3DX9_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2010-03-06 02:35 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\Logs
2010-03-06 02:26 . 2010-03-06 02:26 -------- d-----w- C:\AutoCAD DWG converter
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-01-08 00:07 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-01-08 00:07 19160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-02-28 08:45 . 2010-02-28 08:46 -------- d-----w- C:\603644d01eabe75474
2010-02-28 04:21 . 2010-02-28 04:34 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\NtmsData
2010-02-28 03:27 . 2010-02-28 03:27 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft CAPICOM 2.1.0.2
2010-02-28 03:26 . 2010-02-28 03:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\MSXML 6.0
2010-02-28 02:34 . 2009-11-21 16:36 470528 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\aclayers.dll
2010-02-25 01:09 . 2010-02-25 01:09 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\SolidWorks 2009
2010-02-24 23:36 . 2010-02-25 00:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AGEIA Technologies
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-25 00:36 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidWorks
2010-02-24 23:33 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- C:\SolidWorks Data
2010-02-23 17:56 . 2010-02-23 17:56 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\wbem\Repository
2010-02-22 06:30 . 2010-02-22 06:30 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
2010-02-21 20:25 . 2010-02-23 17:55 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Local Settings\Application Data\Google

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-03-22 01:55 . 2009-09-27 04:15 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\IM
2010-03-17 16:01 . 2009-08-17 02:56 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Verizon
2010-03-16 16:14 . 2009-09-21 03:07 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\McAfee
2010-03-13 05:11 . 2007-09-09 21:42 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\SolidWorks
2010-03-07 08:40 . 2005-06-27 02:04 384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\DVCStateBkp-{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20061102}.dat
2010-03-07 08:40 . 2005-06-27 02:04 384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\DVCState-{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20061102}.dat
2010-03-06 05:35 . 2005-06-25 18:33 180608 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2010-03-06 02:38 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Autodesk
2010-03-06 02:38 . 2008-03-21 22:47 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
2010-03-06 02:36 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk
2010-02-28 03:31 . 2007-04-06 03:10 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft ActiveSync
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AutoCAD 2007
2010-02-24 23:30 . 2009-09-27 04:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager
2010-02-11 04:44 . 2009-07-09 20:51 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\ZoomBrowser EX
2010-02-11 04:43 . 2009-07-09 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\CameraWindowDC
2010-01-26 05:59 . 2005-06-24 18:17 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Jasc Software Inc
2009-12-31 16:14 . 2004-08-04 10:00 352640 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys
2009-12-22 05:35 . 2004-08-04 10:00 668672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-12-22 05:35 . 2004-08-04 10:00 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Messenger (Yahoo!)"="c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" [2009-05-27 4351216]
"DellSupport"="c:\program files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 460784]
"AdobeUpdater"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe" [2008-09-26 2356088]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Verizon_McciTrayApp"="c:\program files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe" [2009-03-10 1553920]
"VerizonServicepoint.exe"="c:\program files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" [2009-03-12 2303216]
"UpdReg"="c:\windows\UpdReg.EXE" [2000-05-11 90112]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2009-02-10 198160]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2003-11-19 32881]
"SolidWorks_CheckForUpdates"="c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager\Scheduler\sldIMScheduler.exe" [2009-06-30 7218472]
"RoxWatchTray"="c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe" [2007-08-24 240112]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2005-06-04 98304]
"MMTray"="c:\program files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2005-05-10 110592]
"MimBoot"="c:\progra~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe" [2005-05-10 11776]
"McENUI"="c:\progra~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe" [2009-07-08 1176808]
"mcagent_exe"="c:\program files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [2009-10-29 1218008]
"ISUSScheduler"="c:\program files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2008-10-24 79136]
"IntelMeM"="c:\program files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe" [2003-09-04 221184]
"IAAnotif"="c:\program files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe" [2004-06-29 135168]
"DVDLauncher"="c:\program files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [2005-02-23 53248]
"dscactivate"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe" [2007-11-15 16384]
"DMXLauncher"="c:\program files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe" [2007-08-14 113136]
"dla"="c:\windows\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 127035]
"DellSupportCenter"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2009-05-21 206064]
"D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G"="c:\program files\D-Link\AirPlus Xtreme G\AirPlusCFG.exe" [2003-11-05 2502656]
"CTSysVol"="c:\program files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe" [2003-09-17 57344]
"CTHelper"="CTHELPER.EXE" [2007-04-09 19456]
"CTDVDDET"="c:\program files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE" [2003-06-18 45056]
"BuildBU"="c:\dell\bldbubg.exe" [2004-02-19 61440]
"ATIPTA"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [2004-08-25 339968]
"ArcSoft Connection Service"="c:\program files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe" [2009-10-10 203264]
"ANIWZCSService"="c:\program files\Alpha Networks\ANIWZCS Service\WZCSLDR.exe" [2003-08-22 32768]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-10-15 39792]

c:\documents and settings\Steve\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
SolidWorks Task Scheduler Engine.lnk - c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\swBOEngine.exe [2008-9-9 841000]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - c:\program files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2005-6-4 156784]
AutoCAD Startup Accelerator.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acstart17.exe [2006-3-4 11000]
QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe [2004-11-11 806912]
Windows Desktop Search.lnk - c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe [2006-3-26 257752]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{56F9679E-7826-4C84-81F3-532071A8BCC5}"= "c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\MSNLNamespaceMgr.dll" [2006-03-13 233472]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESCOMM.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMGR.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\MNA\\McNASvc.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"65533:TCP"= 65533:TCP:Services
"52344:TCP"= 52344:TCP:Services
"2479:TCP"= 2479:TCP:Services
"3246:TCP"= 3246:TCP:Services

R2 McAfee SiteAdvisor Service;McAfee SiteAdvisor Service;c:\program files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe [9/20/2009 8:09 PM 93320]
S2 Roxio Upnp Server 10;Roxio Upnp Server 10;c:\program files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUpnpService10.exe [8/24/2007 4:53 PM 362992]
S2 RoxLiveShare10;LiveShare P2P Server 10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 309744]
S2 RoxWatch10;Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 166384]
S3 A3AB;D-Link AirPro 802.11a/b Wireless Adapter Service(A3AB);c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\A3AB.sys [6/26/2005 9:33 AM 344800]
S3 CoordinatorServiceHost;SW Distributed TS Coordinator Service;c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\DTSCoordinatorService.exe [9/9/2008 7:01 AM 79144]
S3 Roxio UPnP Renderer 10;Roxio UPnP Renderer 10;c:\program files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUPnPRenderer10.exe [8/24/2007 4:53 PM 72176]
S3 RoxMediaDB10;RoxMediaDB10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 1083888]
S4 msvsmon80;Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger;c:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86\msvsmon.exe [9/23/2005 7:01 AM 2799808]
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-09-21 c:\windows\Tasks\McDefragTask.job
- c:\progra~1\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe [2009-09-21 19:22]

2010-01-01 c:\windows\Tasks\McQcTask.job
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
mStart Page = hxxp://www.dell4me.com/myway
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=%s
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
Trusted Zone: musicmatch.com\online
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-ISUSPM Startup - c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-03-21 18:55
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

c:\windows\TEMP\Cab1D.tmp 29771 bytes
c:\windows\TEMP\Tar25.tmp 0 bytes

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 2

Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal detector 0.3.7 by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net

device: opened successfully
user: MBR read successfully
called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys >>UNKNOWN [0x86A132C8]<<
kernel: MBR read successfully
detected MBR rootkit hooks:
\Driver\Disk -> CLASSPNP.SYS @ 0xf7696fc3
\Driver\ACPI -> ACPI.sys @ 0xf74a9cb8
\Driver\atapi -> atapi.sys @ 0xf73d47b4
\Driver\iaStor -> 0x86a132c8
IoDeviceObjectType -> DeleteProcedure -> ntkrnlpa.exe @ 0x80582544
\Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> DeleteProcedure -> ntkrnlpa.exe @ 0x80582544
NDIS: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller -> SendCompleteHandler -> 0x85fe0330
PacketIndicateHandler -> NDIS.sys @ 0xf7293b21
SendHandler -> NDIS.sys @ 0xf727187b
Warning: possible MBR rootkit infection !
user & kernel MBR OK

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(3944)
c:\progra~1\WINDOW~2\wmpband.dll
c:\windows\system32\ctagent.dll
c:\windows\system32\msi.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
c:\windows\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40ST7.EXE
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
c:\program files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\program files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
c:\program files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\windows\system32\wdfmgr.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\program files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
c:\windows\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
c:\program files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\MMDiag.exe
c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner10.exe
c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
c:\docume~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\SolidWorksLicTemp.0001
c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe
c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearchFilter.exe
Completion time: 2010-03-21 19:14:22 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-03-22 02:14

Pre-Run: 79,914,987,520 bytes free
Post-Run: 78,734,262,272 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

- - End Of File - - 46AB4687C1499DBD6C1A1884CC572388
av8r

Unread postby av8r » March 22nd, 2010, 12:21 am

Update: Although I was able to eventually run Combofix without any problems, I did get the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) immediately after downloading it to my desktop and it was related to mfehidk.sys with stop code:

0X0000008E (OX00000005, 0XB25ea7ca, 0Xec51699c, 0X00000000).

I then noticed that after combofix finished running that the HelpAssistant folder had been recreated with 5+ GB of stuff copied to it. Comobfix shut down and restared my computer, with an internet connection in place, at least twice that I can remember. After Combofix ran, I deleted the HelpAssistant folder and then shut down and restarted the computer with an internet connection in place. The HelpAssistant folder was again recreated. I tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me. I shut down and restarted WITHOUT an internet connection. Got the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with the following stop code:

0X000000C5 (OX00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X8054A10D)

Restarted in safe mode and deleted the HelpAssistant folder. Restarted in normal mode (without internet connection) and was able to boot up without BSOD and THEN connected to internet to post this note. Just wanted to let you know that my machine is still not stable after combofix did its thing. Still getting "HelpAssistant" folder problem. Hope you are well and "enjoying" this as much as I am.

Looking forward to next steps.
av8r

Unread postby Katana » March 23rd, 2010, 7:20 am

click Start >> Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

mbr -f

Now, please do the Start>Run>mbr -f command a second time.
Now shut down the computer (do not restart, but shut it down), wait a few minutes then start it back up.
Give it about 5 minutes, then click Start>Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

helpasst -mbrt

Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 24th, 2010, 2:56 am

March 23rd:
Done exactly as instructed. No problems encountered. Log follows. Just so you know, I've been running these tools without an internet connection and with my virus scanner turned off. If you need it to be done otherwise on any future steps, be sure to let me know.

Update, March 24th:
Here is some additional information for you in case it is helpful. I noticed in the log that the helpasst tool created that it looked for and attempted to remove this file: termsrv32.dll. The next line says: “Remove on reboot.” Well, I checked after I started my machine this morning and there are 3 occurrences of this file, two in the windows\system32 folder (one is renamed termsrv32(2).dll) and one in a folder called HelpAsst_backup, which the helpasst tool apparently created when we ran it the first time back on March 20th. So, there are at least 3 copies of that file still on my machine.

Rest assured I have not, and will not, take any actions other than what you have instructed. I’m just observing and trying to learn what I can as we step through this process. Just thought I’d let you know what I observed this morning.

-------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\HelpAsst_mebroot_fix.exe
Sat 03/20/2010 at 13:05:41.84

HelpAssistant account was found to be Active ~ attempting to de-activate

Full Name Remote Desktop Help Assistant Account
Account active Yes
Local Group Memberships *Administrators

HelpAssistant successfully set Inactive

~~ Checking for termsrv32.dll ~~

termsrv32.dll present! ~ attempting to remove
Remove on reboot: C:\WINDOWS\system32\termsrv32.dll

~~ Checking firewall ports ~~

backing up DomainProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List registry key
closing rogue ports

HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\globallyopenports\list
"65533:TCP"=-
"52344:TCP"=-
"3246:TCP"=-
"2479:TCP"=-
"3389:TCP"=-

backing up StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List registry key
closing rogue ports

HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\globallyopenports\list

HelpAssistant profile found in registry ~ backing up and removing S-1-5-21-2033143763-3021469003-3136413673-1005
~ No profile directory exists for S-1-5-21-2033143763-3021469003-3136413673-1005 ~

~ All HelpAssistant profiles removed from registry ~

~~ Checking mbr ~~

user & kernel MBR OK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status check on Tue 03/23/2010 at 23:36:37.54

Account active Yes

~~ Checking mbr ~~

called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys >>UNKNOWN [0x86138A90]<<
\Driver\iaStor -> 0x86138a90
NDIS: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller -> SendCompleteHandler -> 0x85fdb330
user & kernel MBR OK
Use "Recovery Console" command "fixmbr" to clear infection !

termsrv32.dll present!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\termservice\parameters
ServiceDll REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv32.dll

~~ Checking profile list ~~

S-1-5-21-2033143763-3021469003-3136413673-1005
%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\HelpAssistant

~~ Checking for HelpAssistant directories ~~

none found

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"65533:TCP"=65533:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"52344:TCP"=52344:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"2479:TCP"=2479:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"3246:TCP"=3246:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"3389:TCP"=3389:TCP:*:Enabled:Remote Desktop

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]

~~ EOF ~~
av8r

Unread postby Katana » March 25th, 2010, 9:48 am

March 23rd:
Done exactly as instructed. No problems encountered. Log follows. Just so you know, I've been running these tools without an internet connection and with my virus scanner turned off. If you need it to be done otherwise on any future steps, be sure to let me know.
You can connect to the internet for the following scans, but you should leave your virus scanner turned off during them.

Update, March 24th:
Here is some additional information for you in case it is helpful. I noticed in the log that the helpasst tool created that it looked for and attempted to remove this file: termsrv32.dll. ~So, there are at least 3 copies of that file still on my machine.
termsrv32.dll is a legitimate file, the infection "hijacks" it. You should leave the other copies of this file alone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1

Custom CFScript
  • Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:

Code: Select all
    Registry::

ADS::

• Save this as CFScript.txt and place it on your desktop.

• Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it will produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

Step 2

Kaspersky Online Scanner .
Your Antivirus and/or Antispyware may give a warning during the scan. This is perfectly normal
NOTE:- This scan is best done from IE (Internet Explorer)

NOTE:- Vista users should start IE by Start(Vista Orb) >> Internet Explorer >> Right-Click Run As Admin
Go Here http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partne ... bscan.html

Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
Once the database has downloaded, click My Computer in the left pane
Now go and put the kettle on !
When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.

**Note**

To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:
  • Close any open programs.
  • Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble viewing the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.

Logs/Information to Post in Reply
Please post the following logs/Information in your reply
Some of the logs I request will be quite large, You may need to split them over a couple of replies.
  • Combofix Log
  • Kaspersky Log
  • C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txt
  • How are things running now ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 27th, 2010, 12:36 am

The logs you requested follow this note. To answer your question, there has not been any noticeable change in the behavior of my machine. For example, while combofix was running, it rebooted the machine a couple of times and since there was an internet connection in place the HelpAssistant folder/user profile was again created and filled up. Before I ran the Kaspersky scan I booted to safe mode to delete the HelpAssistant folder. Also, as a side note, you should be aware that before I could run the Kaspersky scan, it required me to download and install the latest version of Java, which I did. I’m just telling you in case it affects the contents of any future logs I generate for you. Next, in consideration of your question, I ran a Malwarebytes quick scan after doing everything you requested to see if the two Trojan.PWS detections I started this topic with were still present. They are still being detected, but I took no action other than scanning to see if they were still there. Finally, after carrying out all your instructions, I simply just shut down and restarted the computer with an internet connection in place to see what would happen. Again, the HelpAssistant folder was created and started filling up. There is a definite correlation between the HelpAssistant infection launching and whether there is an internet connection being detected DURING start up. If I plug in AFTER a complete boot up, the HelpAssistant folder does not get created. Here are the logs you requested:

COMBOFIX LOG:

ComboFix 10-03-26.01 - Steve 03/26/2010 10:45:06.2.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1022.558 [GMT -7:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Steve\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\documents and settings\Steve\Desktop\CFScript.txt
AV: McAfee VirusScan *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {84B5EE75-6421-4CDE-A33A-DD43BA9FAD83}
FW: McAfee Personal Firewall *enabled* {94894B63-8C7F-4050-BDA4-813CA00DA3E8}

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-02-26 to 2010-03-26 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-03-20 20:05 . 2010-03-20 20:05 -------- d-----w- C:\HelpAsst_backup
2010-03-06 02:51 . 2010-03-06 02:51 311888 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\FontCache3.0.0.0.dat
2010-03-06 02:36 . 2010-03-06 02:38 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\DWG TrueView 2010
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-03-05 23:56 1420824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\D3DCompiler_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-02-06 07:07 462864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3dx10_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2008-03-05 23:56 3786760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\D3DX9_37.dll
2010-03-06 02:35 . 2010-03-06 02:35 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\Logs
2010-03-06 02:26 . 2010-03-06 02:26 -------- d-----w- C:\AutoCAD DWG converter
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-01-08 00:07 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-03-02 22:31 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-03-02 22:31 . 2010-01-08 00:07 19160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-02-28 08:45 . 2010-02-28 08:46 -------- d-----w- C:\603644d01eabe75474
2010-02-28 04:21 . 2010-02-28 04:34 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\NtmsData
2010-02-28 03:27 . 2010-02-28 03:27 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft CAPICOM 2.1.0.2
2010-02-28 03:26 . 2010-02-28 03:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\MSXML 6.0
2010-02-28 02:34 . 2009-11-21 16:36 470528 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\aclayers.dll
2010-02-25 01:09 . 2010-02-25 01:09 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\SolidWorks 2009
2010-02-24 23:36 . 2010-02-25 00:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AGEIA Technologies
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-25 00:36 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidWorks
2010-02-24 23:33 . 2010-02-24 23:35 -------- d-----w- C:\SolidWorks Data

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-03-26 17:56 . 2009-09-27 04:15 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\IM
2010-03-17 16:01 . 2009-08-17 02:56 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Verizon
2010-03-16 16:14 . 2009-09-21 03:07 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\McAfee
2010-03-13 05:11 . 2007-09-09 21:42 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\SolidWorks
2010-03-07 08:40 . 2005-06-27 02:04 384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\DVCStateBkp-{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20061102}.dat
2010-03-07 08:40 . 2005-06-27 02:04 384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\DVCState-{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20061102}.dat
2010-03-06 05:35 . 2005-06-25 18:33 180608 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2010-03-06 02:38 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Autodesk
2010-03-06 02:38 . 2008-03-21 22:47 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
2010-03-06 02:36 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk
2010-02-28 03:31 . 2007-04-06 03:10 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft ActiveSync
2010-02-24 23:35 . 2008-03-21 22:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AutoCAD 2007
2010-02-24 23:30 . 2009-09-27 04:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager
2010-02-11 04:44 . 2009-07-09 20:51 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\ZoomBrowser EX
2010-02-11 04:43 . 2009-07-09 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\CameraWindowDC
2010-01-26 05:59 . 2005-06-24 18:17 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Steve\Application Data\Jasc Software Inc
2009-12-31 16:14 . 2004-08-04 10:00 352640 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Messenger (Yahoo!)"="c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" [2009-05-27 4351216]
"DellSupport"="c:\program files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 460784]
"AdobeUpdater"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe" [2008-09-26 2356088]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Verizon_McciTrayApp"="c:\program files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe" [2009-03-10 1553920]
"VerizonServicepoint.exe"="c:\program files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" [2009-03-12 2303216]
"UpdReg"="c:\windows\UpdReg.EXE" [2000-05-11 90112]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2009-02-10 198160]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2003-11-19 32881]
"SolidWorks_CheckForUpdates"="c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Installation Manager\Scheduler\sldIMScheduler.exe" [2009-06-30 7218472]
"RoxWatchTray"="c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe" [2007-08-24 240112]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2005-06-04 98304]
"MMTray"="c:\program files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2005-05-10 110592]
"MimBoot"="c:\progra~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe" [2005-05-10 11776]
"McENUI"="c:\progra~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe" [2009-07-08 1176808]
"mcagent_exe"="c:\program files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [2009-10-29 1218008]
"ISUSScheduler"="c:\program files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2008-10-24 79136]
"IntelMeM"="c:\program files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe" [2003-09-04 221184]
"IAAnotif"="c:\program files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe" [2004-06-29 135168]
"DVDLauncher"="c:\program files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [2005-02-23 53248]
"dscactivate"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe" [2007-11-15 16384]
"DMXLauncher"="c:\program files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe" [2007-08-14 113136]
"dla"="c:\windows\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 127035]
"DellSupportCenter"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2009-05-21 206064]
"D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G"="c:\program files\D-Link\AirPlus Xtreme G\AirPlusCFG.exe" [2003-11-05 2502656]
"CTSysVol"="c:\program files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe" [2003-09-17 57344]
"CTHelper"="CTHELPER.EXE" [2007-04-09 19456]
"CTDVDDET"="c:\program files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE" [2003-06-18 45056]
"BuildBU"="c:\dell\bldbubg.exe" [2004-02-19 61440]
"ATIPTA"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [2004-08-25 339968]
"ArcSoft Connection Service"="c:\program files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe" [2009-10-10 203264]
"ANIWZCSService"="c:\program files\Alpha Networks\ANIWZCS Service\WZCSLDR.exe" [2003-08-22 32768]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-10-15 39792]

c:\documents and settings\Steve\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
SolidWorks Task Scheduler Engine.lnk - c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\swBOEngine.exe [2008-9-9 841000]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - c:\program files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2005-6-4 156784]
AutoCAD Startup Accelerator.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acstart17.exe [2006-3-4 11000]
QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe [2004-11-11 806912]
Windows Desktop Search.lnk - c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe [2006-3-26 257752]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{56F9679E-7826-4C84-81F3-532071A8BCC5}"= "c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\MSNLNamespaceMgr.dll" [2006-03-13 233472]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESCOMM.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMGR.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\MNA\\McNASvc.exe"=

"9416:TCP"= 9416:TCP:Services
"9417:TCP"= 9417:TCP:Services
"65533:TCP"= 65533:TCP:Services
"52344:TCP"= 52344:TCP:Services
"3736:TCP"= 3736:TCP:Services
"2618:TCP"= 2618:TCP:Services

R2 McAfee SiteAdvisor Service;McAfee SiteAdvisor Service;c:\program files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe [9/20/2009 8:09 PM 93320]
S2 Roxio Upnp Server 10;Roxio Upnp Server 10;c:\program files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUpnpService10.exe [8/24/2007 4:53 PM 362992]
S2 RoxLiveShare10;LiveShare P2P Server 10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 309744]
S2 RoxWatch10;Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 166384]
S3 A3AB;D-Link AirPro 802.11a/b Wireless Adapter Service(A3AB);c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\A3AB.sys [6/26/2005 9:33 AM 344800]
S3 CoordinatorServiceHost;SW Distributed TS Coordinator Service;c:\program files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\swScheduler\DTSCoordinatorService.exe [9/9/2008 7:01 AM 79144]
S3 Roxio UPnP Renderer 10;Roxio UPnP Renderer 10;c:\program files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUPnPRenderer10.exe [8/24/2007 4:53 PM 72176]
S3 RoxMediaDB10;RoxMediaDB10;c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe [8/24/2007 4:52 PM 1083888]
S4 msvsmon80;Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger;c:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86\msvsmon.exe [9/23/2005 7:01 AM 2799808]
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-09-21 c:\windows\Tasks\McDefragTask.job

2010-01-01 c:\windows\Tasks\McQcTask.job
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
mStart Page = hxxp://www.dell4me.com/myway
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=%s
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
Trusted Zone: musicmatch.com\online

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-03-26 10:55
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys >>UNKNOWN [0x86256BF0]<<
\Driver\Disk -> CLASSPNP.SYS @ 0xf7696fc3
\Driver\ACPI -> ACPI.sys @ 0xf74a9cb8
\Driver\atapi -> atapi.sys @ 0xf73d47b4
\Driver\iaStor -> 0x86256bf0
IoDeviceObjectType -> DeleteProcedure -> ntkrnlpa.exe @ 0x80582544
\Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> DeleteProcedure -> ntkrnlpa.exe @ 0x80582544
NDIS: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller -> SendCompleteHandler -> 0x8601c330
PacketIndicateHandler -> NDIS.sys @ 0xf7293b21
SendHandler -> NDIS.sys @ 0xf727187b
user & kernel MBR OK

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(3244)
c:\progra~1\WINDOW~2\wmpband.dll
c:\windows\system32\ctagent.dll
c:\windows\system32\msi.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
c:\windows\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40ST7.EXE
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
c:\program files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\progra~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\program files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\program files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\windows\system32\wdfmgr.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\program files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
c:\progra~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\MMDiag.exe
c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
c:\windows\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
c:\program files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ArcCon.ac
c:\program files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
c:\program files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner10.exe
c:\program files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
c:\docume~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\SolidWorksLicTemp.0001
c:\program files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe
Completion time: 2010-03-26 11:15:07 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-03-26 18:15
ComboFix2.txt 2010-03-22 02:14

Pre-Run: 79,770,406,912 bytes free
Post-Run: 78,466,977,792 bytes free

- - End Of File - - C12CFDDBE7EEFBD386D1CC6D14BD73A9

KASPERSKY LOG:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Friday, March 26, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Friday, March 26, 2010 12:35:53
Records in database: 3878376
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 196201
Threats found: 2
Infected objects found: 4
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 04:02:54

File name / Threat / Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\Divorce\Backup Data\Steve\From LMC comp 8-3-09\Downloads\ATT_SST_Installer.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.b 2
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Common\ComponentMgr\HoldingArea\WebSys\WebSys.mmz Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Deleter.f 1
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\WebSys\offline.mmz Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Deleter.f 1

Selected area has been scanned.

-------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txt file:

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Adobe Reader 8.1.3
AirPlus Xtreme G
America Online (Choose which version to remove)
ANIO Service
ANIWZCS Service
AOL Coach Version 1.0(Build:20040229.1 en)
AOL Connectivity Services
AOLIcon
ArcSoft Print Creations
ArcSoft Print Creations - Brochure
ArcSoft Print Creations - Photo Calendar
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
Audacity 1.2.6
AutoCAD 2007 - English
Autodesk DWF Viewer
Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 2
Canon Camera Access Library
Canon Camera Support Core Library
Canon G.726 WMP-Decoder
CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Internet Library for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon MOV Decoder
Canon MPEG4ASF Component
Canon Utilities CameraWindow
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 5 for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 6 for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities EOS Utility
Canon Utilities MyCamera
Canon Utilities MyCamera DC
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility
Creative MediaSource
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver
Dell Driver Reset Tool
Dell Picture Studio v3.0
Dell Support Center (Support Software)
Dell System Restore
DellSupport
DirectXInstallService
DWG TrueView 2010
DWGeditor
EarthLink setup files
EMC 10 Content
EPSON Scan
EPSON WorkForce 500 Series Printer Uninstall
Get High Speed Internet!
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB906569)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB919880)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB942288-v3)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954550-v5)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB961118)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB970653-v3)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB979306)
Intel Application Accelerator
Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
Internet Explorer Default Page
Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5
Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio, Dell Editon
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only)
Learning TurboCAD 11 3D Modeling
Macromedia Flash Player
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
McAfee SecurityCenter
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB953297)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition Installer
Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP
Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Modem Event Monitor
Modem Helper
Modem On Hold
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686)
Musicmatch for Windows Media Player
My Way Search Assistant
NetZeroInstallers
Photo Click
PhotoView 360
PowerDVD 5.5
QuickBooks Simple Start Special Edition
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Roxio Activation Module
Roxio BackOnTrack
Roxio Central Audio
Roxio Central Copy
Roxio Central Core
Roxio Central Data
Roxio Central Tools
Roxio CinePlayer
Roxio CinePlayer Decoder Pack
Roxio Disc Gallery
Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite
Roxio File Backup
Roxio MediaShare
Roxio Update Manager
Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB954155)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB968816)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB973540)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923561)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB947864)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952004)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956844)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958470)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB959426)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960225)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960714)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960859)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961371-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961501)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB968537)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969059)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970238)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970430)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971468)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971557)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971633)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971657)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971961)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972260)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973346)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973354)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973507)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973904)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974112)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974318)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974392)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974571)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975025)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975467)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978251)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978262)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706)
SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin
SolidWorks 2009 SP0
SolidWorks eDrawings 2009
SolidWorks Explorer 2009 sp0
SolidWorks Motion 2009 SP0
SolidWorks Simulation 2009 SP0
Sonic DLA
Sonic MyDVD LE
Sonic RecordNow Audio
Sonic RecordNow Copy
Sonic RecordNow Data
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
TurboCAD Professional v11.2
TurboCAD Symbols
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB925720)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Update for Windows XP (KB942840)
Update for Windows XP (KB946627)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB955759)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
Update for Windows XP (KB968389)
Update for Windows XP (KB971737)
Update for Windows XP (KB973687)
Update for Windows XP (KB973815)
Update for Windows XP (KB978207)
Verizon Help and Support Tool
Verizon High Speed Internet
Verizon Servicepoint 1.5.24
Verizon Yahoo! Applications
Vz In Home Agent
WebFldrs XP
Windows Desktop Search
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474)
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Windows Imaging Component
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Presentation Foundation
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888310
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
WordPerfect Office 12
XML Paper Specification Shared Components Pack 1.0
av8r

Unread postby Katana » March 28th, 2010, 7:55 am

Please run these instructions again and let's see if it shows the same file as infected ..

click Start >> Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

mbr -f

Now, please do the Start>Run>mbr -f command a second time.
Now shut down the computer (do not restart, but shut it down), wait a few minutes then start it back up.
Give it about 5 minutes, then click Start>Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

helpasst -mbrt

Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby av8r » March 28th, 2010, 1:22 pm

OK, done. Here is the log:
-------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\HelpAsst_mebroot_fix.exe
Sat 03/20/2010 at 13:05:41.84

HelpAssistant account was found to be Active ~ attempting to de-activate

Account active Yes

HelpAssistant successfully set Inactive

termsrv32.dll present! ~ attempting to remove
Remove on reboot: C:\WINDOWS\system32\termsrv32.dll

backing up DomainProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List registry key
closing rogue ports

HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\globallyopenports\list

backing up StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List registry key
closing rogue ports

HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\globallyopenports\list

HelpAssistant profile found in registry ~ backing up and removing S-1-5-21-2033143763-3021469003-3136413673-1005
~ No profile directory exists for S-1-5-21-2033143763-3021469003-3136413673-1005 ~

~ All HelpAssistant profiles removed from registry ~

~~ Checking mbr ~~

user & kernel MBR OK

Status check on Tue 03/23/2010 at 23:36:37.54

Account active Yes

~~ Checking mbr ~~

called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys >>UNKNOWN [0x86138A90]<<
\Driver\iaStor -> 0x86138a90
NDIS: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller -> SendCompleteHandler -> 0x85fdb330
user & kernel MBR OK

termsrv32.dll present!

ServiceDll REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv32.dll

none found

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]

~~ EOF ~~

Status check on Sun 03/28/2010 at 10:12:37.57

Account active Yes

~~ Checking mbr ~~

called modules: ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys >>UNKNOWN [0x865C7D58]<<
\Driver\iaStor -> 0x865c7d58
NDIS: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller -> SendCompleteHandler -> 0x85f60330
user & kernel MBR OK

termsrv32.dll present!

ServiceDll REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv.dll

none found

"9416:TCP"=9416:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"9417:TCP"=9417:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"2618:TCP"=2618:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"3736:TCP"=3736:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"7435:TCP"=7435:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"7436:TCP"=7436:TCP:*:Enabled:Services

"9416:TCP"=9416:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"9417:TCP"=9417:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"3736:TCP"=3736:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"2618:TCP"=2618:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"7435:TCP"=7435:TCP:*:Enabled:Services
"7436:TCP"=7436:TCP:*:Enabled:Services

~~ EOF ~~
av8r

Advertisement
Register to Remove