Don't forget to re-enable any protection programs you may have disabled during the fix.
You can keep TFC.exe to clean out temporary files on a regular basis which will speed up your pc.
You can remove the Kaspersky and Eset online scanners through Add/Remove Programs (if present)
Also remove TDSSKiller.zip and contents from the desktop.
- Click on Start >> Run...
- Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
Note: Please let me know if ComboFix did not uninstall correctly, as it performs some important functions.
- Download OTC by Old Timer here & save it to your desktop.
- Double click on OTC.exe. Click on CleanUp!.
- You will receive a prompt that it needs to restart the computer to remove the files. Click Yes.
- It will restart your computer automatically. If it doesn't, please restart your computer manually.
Your Java is out of date.
- Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
- First uninstall your existing outdated version jre1.6.0_18 through Add/Remove programs
- Click Here to download the latest version of Java.
- Click Windows 7/XP/Vista/2003/2008 offline
- Save jre-6u19-windows-i586-S.exe to a convenient location.
- Run this file and follow the on screen instructions to install java.
Now some advice for on-line safety:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
This is a excellent application and I advise you keep this installed. Check for updates and run a scan once a week.
- Other installed security software
Your presently installed security application AVG automatically checks for updates and downloads/installs them with every system reboot and or periodically if the machine is left running providing a internet connection is active. I advise you also run a complete scan with this also once per week.
- Make sure that you keep your antivirus updated
New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.
- Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties > Automatic Updates tab or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.
Note:The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use internet explorer for it and allow the ActiveX control to install.
- Update Non-Microsoft Programs
Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities. To check whether other programs running on your PC are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Software Inspector or F-secure Health Check. I suggest that you run one of them at least once a month.
I would recommend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs and the updating of them on a regular basis.
As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. For more information, please visit Here
SpywareBlaster sets killbits in the registry to prevent known malicious ActiveX controls from installing on your computer. You can download SpywareBlaster from Here
- Analog X Script Defender
This will prevent malicious scripts from running on your pc by giving you the option to allow a script or not. Download it Here
Finally I am trying to make one point very clear. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to keep all of your security programs up to date.
I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it, and if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
Happy surfing and stay clean!