Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Crouching Spyware, Hidden Keylogger

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Crouching Spyware, Hidden Keylogger

Unread postby muppy03 » February 21st, 2010, 8:06 am

Yes, the slowness in opening 'My Computer' seems to be the only issue remaining. Eve ntook a quick test of WoW and found it bug-free without any issues. Huge improvement.

Not sure what could be causing that but everything looks ok Malware wise! :cheers:

This next step is your choice. The below items I am getting you to fix with HJT are for programs that do not need to start up when you turn your computer on. Doing the below step WILL NOT UNINSTALL these programs ONLY stop them from running at startup. All will be available when you need them. The bonus is it will make your startup time a bit shorter

Open Hijack This and select Do a System Scan Only place a check next to the below lines if still present

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Start WingMan Profiler] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe /noui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized

Once selected close all windows except HJT an click on Fix Checked

Since you are not having any further problems, I would suggest you proceed as follows.

ATF is a great tool for you to keep and use on a regular basis.

You can delete RSIT from your Desktop and it associated folder C:\RSIT, You can also delete GMER

Uninstall ComboFix:

• Click on Start >> Run...
  • Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

The above procedure will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Read some information here how to prevent Malware.

Please reply if you have any problems or questions
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Kurasu » February 21st, 2010, 8:36 am

All's well and good. You're a lifesaver. Or shall I say 'a computer-saver'. My guild will be happy to hear I'm safe again. :)
Kurasu

Unread postby muppy03 » February 21st, 2010, 8:37 am

Glad I was able to help :thumbright:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Dakeyras » February 23rd, 2010, 6:00 am

As it appears this issue has been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous