Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Having a few trojan problems ......Help appreciated

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Having a few trojan problems ......Help appreciated

Unread postby thunderdome » February 16th, 2010, 10:21 am

Well, thanks a lot for the help. It really is appreciated. If I need anything I'll post or send a pm. Thanks again.
thunderdome

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby thunderdome » February 16th, 2010, 3:35 pm

This little guy just wont go away. It popped up 3 or 4 more times this morning.

Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Trash.Gen [trojan]'
detected in file 'C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP345\A0062892.dll.
thunderdome

Unread postby muppy03 » February 16th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Hmm ok let's manually flush the restore points, let me know if you still see it after doing the following.

Please create a new Restore Point
To to this
  • Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
  • Choose the Create a restore point option then click on next
  • You can name your restore point something like All clean then select create
  • Once the Restore Point has been created you can hit close

Since we have created a New and Clean Restore Point, I would like you to remove all the Old Restore Points as some of these are infected and if used would re-infect your computer.

To do this
  • Click Start then click on My Computer Right Click Local Disk c:then select Properties
  • Click on Disk Cleanup a box shall open scanning you files. This could take a few minutes.
  • Once the scan is complete another window will appear. Select the More Options Tab
  • Under System Restore select clean up this will remove all System Restore points except for the most recent one. The one we created earlier.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Dakeyras » February 19th, 2010, 8:20 am

As it appears this issue has been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous