Hi, The problem with the file in the recycle bin is not Malware related in my opinion, and I think that you would be better served asking in a general help forum that specializes in general computer tech help to resolve this problem.
We do have a little bit of cleaning up to do from the infections that you did have, so lets finish here first before you go elsewhere.
I recommend that you uninstall via add/remove
then delete the associated folder
C:\Program Files\MyEmoticons Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7)
is seriously outdated the latest version is Firefox 3.6
You should Download and Install the newest version of Adobe Reader
for reading pdf files, due to the vulnerabilities in earlier versions.
All versions numbered lower than 9.2 are vulnerable.
- Go HERE and click on AdbeRdr920_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Update Java Runtime
You are using an old version of Java. Sun's Java is sometimes updated in order to eliminate the exploitation of vulnerabilities in an existing version. For this reason, it's extremely important that you keep the program up to date, and also remove the older more vulnerable versions from your system. The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 18
- Go to Java Site
- Scroll down to where it says "JDK 6 Update 18 (JDK or JRE)"
- Click the orange Download JRE button to the right
- Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu
- Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 with JavaFX License Agreement". Click on Continue.The page will refresh
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation & save the file to your desktop
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall all old versions of Java (Java 3 Runtime Environment, JRE or JSE) listed below in the code box.
- Code: Select all
Java(TM) 6 Update 11
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u18-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version
- After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button
- Next, click on the Delete Files button
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel
Let me know when the above is done, and if you arn't experiencing any problems we will start cleaning up the tools I had you download.