Things look good so far, please continue with the instructions below.
Disable Windows Defender
- Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Defender.
- Click on Tools at the top.
- Under Settings, click on Options.
- Under Automatic scanning, uncheck (untick) Automatically scan my computer (recommended) box.
- Under Real-time protection options, uncheck (untick) Use real-time protection (recommended) box.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom right hand corner.
- Note: Please do not Re-enabling this until i tell you to do so.
Download and run OTM
Download OTM by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.
- Right-click OTM.exe And select " Run as administrator " to run it. If Windows UAC prompts you, please allow it.
- Paste the following code under the area. Do not include the word Code.
- Code: Select all
:Processes :Files c:\users\Jason Mak\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrK.sys c:\windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe :Commands [emptytemp] [start explorer] [Reboot]
- Return to OTM, right click in the Paste List of Files/Folders to Move window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Push the large button.
- OTM may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar), and paste it in your next reply.
NOTE: If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
- Open AVG User Interface.
- Double-click on the Resident Shield.
- Un-tick the option Resident Shield active.
- Save the changes.
- Note: Don't forget to re-enable it after the below scan.
ESET online scannner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- Please go Here then click on: Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Logs/Information to Post in your Next Reply
- OTM log.
- ESET log.
- Please give me an update on your computers performance.