Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Trojan Horse Detected

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Trojan Horse Detected

Unread postby GarySutton » January 24th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Hi, I will have to do all that with my laptop on tuesday when I have some free time, but just letting you know in case you thought I had not opened the post.

I did a scan on my desktop today and guess what? antivir found a trojan on that, it has been quarantined and is different from the one on my laptop, it is: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen Trojan. Shall I do the same process as for the last one? My desktop is running on windows xp pro.

Sorry if this is a pain, but I will follow all your information regarding updating latest versions and windows critical updates on a weekly basis to hopefully avoid any further issues.

Also I used to have McAfee security and spysweeper which both expired and it was our IT Manager at work who advised me to use antivir but I'm considering changing to Kaspersky and getting spysweeper again as before when I had them both I didn't get any problems, but what do you think, obviously you are the pro here? Many thanks
GarySutton

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Blade81 » January 24th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Hi,

I did a scan on my desktop today and guess what? antivir found a trojan on that, it has been quarantined and is different from the one on my laptop, it is: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen Trojan. Shall I do the same process as for the last one? My desktop is running on windows xp pro.

If Antivir keeps finding more then it's recommended you open a separate topic for your desktop machine. We deal one system in one topic here :)

Also I used to have McAfee security and spysweeper which both expired and it was our IT Manager at work who advised me to use antivir but I'm considering changing to Kaspersky and getting spysweeper again as before when I had them both I didn't get any problems, but what do you think, obviously you are the pro here?
I'll leave that to you to be decided :). However, it's important to remember that there is no protection product that would catch all possible threats. I recommend to take a look at this topic. It's old but the main message is still the same.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Blade81 » January 26th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Since the topic seems to be resolved this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Previous