You need to do the following
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts, repeatedly press the F8 key on your keyboard until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.
2. Use the arrow key to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
3. Use an arrow key to select an operating system and press ENTER.
4. When prompted whether you want your Windows to run in safe mode, click Yes.
Once Windows has restarted you need to open Windows explorer, and locate the following then delete all the files in it Do Not Delete The Folder
- C:\WINDOWS\Temp\<--Delete all Files in this folder
Next Restart Windows back into normal and continue with the following
Please download WebRoot SpySweeper from HERE (It's a 2 week trial):
- Click the Free Trial link under to "SpySweeper" to download the program.
- Install it.
- Once the program is installed, it will open.
- It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
- Once the definitions are installed, click Sweep Now on the left side.
- Click the Start button.
- When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
- Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
- It will remove all of the items found.
- Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
- Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
- Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
Once Spyware Sweeper has completed, you will need to copy/paste the logs from Spyware Sweeper and HJT back here. Thanks