Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Suspected Malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Suspected Malware

Unread postby sjfr94 » December 30th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Hello there,

I think I have malware on my system. My computer is logging off the internet when I don't want to and I can't open certain programs sometimes and other times it will let me open the programs. I was wondering if you could check this logfile and see if anything should be fixed or removed. Thank you.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:52:13 PM, on 12/30/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16945)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1206589056\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0a\shellmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PccGuide.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Topspeed\3.0\aoltpsd3.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A9440BF3-757D-48DB-8B9A-B2BDAB83571F}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 3165 bytes
Last edited by markkhunt on December 30th, 2009, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed attachment and added HijackThis log into post.
sjfr94

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Suspected Malware

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » January 4th, 2010, 1:21 am

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Unread postby Blade81 » January 6th, 2010, 8:29 am

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby sjfr94 » January 6th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Hello,
Below are the attached and pasted files. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sjfr94

Unread postby Blade81 » January 7th, 2010, 11:04 am

Hi,

Both Symantec Antivirus and Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security appear to be outdated. Do you have valid license for either of these?
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby sjfr94 » January 7th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Hello,
The Symantec Antivrus was downloaded by some friends of mine and the PC Cillin I purchased with the computer. The PC Cillin can be updated but I believe I must pay for an update of the Symantec Antivrus.
sjfr94

Unread postby Blade81 » January 8th, 2010, 11:05 am

Hi,

You should have only one antivirus installed there. If you don't have license for Symantec Antivirus then better uninstall it. You need to update PC Cillin. Outdated antivirus program doesn't help in catching the latest infections.

Uninstall old Adobe Reader versions and get the latest one (9.2) here or get Foxit Reader here. Make sure you don't install toolbar if choose Foxit Reader! You may also check free readers introduced here.

Check here to see if your Flash is up-to-date (do it separately with each of your browsers). If not, uninstall vulnerable versions by following instructions here. Fresh version can be obtained here.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update to the latest version...

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 17.
  • Click the
    Download
    button to the right.
  • Select Windows on platform combobox and check the box that says:
    Accept License Agreement. Click continue.
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u17-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version. Uncheck Carbonite online backup trial if it's offered there.

Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

If you use Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please run an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner as instructed in the screenshot here.

Post back its report & a fresh dds.txt log.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » January 12th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove