there still seems to be a delay when i type, but it's not consistent. it's sporatic.
Your computer appear to be clean from malware. Good news .
Meanwhile, regarding your remaining problem, I have the following recommended forum to seek for the help.
Good System/Hardware Help Forums
- GeekstoGo here: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows-XP-2000-2003-NT-f5.html
- Computer Trouble here: http://forum.computertrouble.co.uk/index.php
- TechSupportGuy here : http://forums.techguy.org/21-windows-nt-2000-xp/
- Whatthetech here : http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
You may need to do free registration in order to post at their forum
Other than that,
clear system restore points.
This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
- Select Create a restore point > Click Next > Put the description as you wish > Click Create.
- Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
- choose your root drive (normally C:) and click Ok.
- after it calculates how much space you will save it will open up a new window
- Select the More options tab at the top of the window
- Choose the option to clean up system restore and click yes.
- Go back to the Disk Cleanup tab.
- Put a checkmark in all - except compress old files (leave this unchecked).
- Click Ok then click Yes
- Click on Start >> Run...
- Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
OTC by Old Timer.
- Please download HERE and save it to the desktop.
- Double click on OTC.exe. Click on CleanUp!.
- You will receive a prompt that it needs to restart the computer to remove the files. Click Yes.
- It will restart your computer automatically. If it doesn't, please restart your computer manually.
You may proceed to delete all remaining tools that we use.
Additional Information :
- SpywareBlaster help your Internet Explorer more strong as it will help to block known malicious ActiveX
- A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found HERE
- Antivirus help you to give the maximum protection for the system.
- You are advice to have only ONE antivirus running on the system.
- Please keep it update regurlarly.
- Unwanted things always occur behind your knowledge. Let's this software take the snapshot of it.
- For more information and installation can be found HERE
Please make sure to have your Windows Automatic Update turn ON or you can do it manually.
Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found. Install the updates immediately if they are found.
To update Windows
- Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
- Open up any Office program.
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
You always can refer at both website to check either any updates are needed for your system.
- Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"
- Read some information here how to prevent Malware.
- Is your pc running slow? Read What to do if your Computer is running slowly