I will reinstall it
That is a wise choice.
Here are some ideas that will help you keep clean in the future.
The antivirus program you have been using is rather old and outdated.
Because new viruses regularly emerge, anti-virus software should be updated frequently. Anti-virus software can scan the computer memory and disk drives for malicious code. They can alert the user if a virus is present, and will clean, delete (or quarantine) infected files or directories. Please download a free anti-virus software from one these excellent vendors
:1) Antivir PersonalEdition Classic
- Free anti-virus software for Windows. Free support.2) avast! 4 Home Edition
- Anti-virus program for Windows. The home edition is freeware for noncommercial users.3) AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
- Free edition of the AVG anti-virus program for Windows.You should run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and results in program conflicts and false virus alerts.Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
It is vital
that you update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckSecurity Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start
> right-click on My Computer
> Automatic Updates
tab or visit the Microsoft Update site
on a regular basis.Install SpywareBlaster
- SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and MalwareUpdate all these programs regularly
- Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safetyStand Up and Be Counted ---> Malware Complaints <--- where you can make difference!
The site offers people who have been (or are) victims of malware the opportunity to document their story and, in that way, launch a complaint against the malware and the makers of the malware.
Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First PlaceHappy surfing and stay clean!